The first step
Music 
Hey everyone,

So this is my first step. Joining an artist community to become more involved. I've been doing art it for as long as I can remember, but without any formal training everything was just flat and boring. My real struggle has been to move away from realism. Everything I painted had to be exact, detailed, meticulous. Everything rendered completely. What I found was that I can produce very photo-realistic digital images. However, the art was boring and lifeless.

That's why I'm here; to push myself to the next level. I have been getting more serious with my art so I've been scouring the internet for resources. I stumbled on your videos while poking around on youtube the other day. I absolutely love the critters critiques. It's okay to watch someone paint, but to understand how to change the image to push it that much further is really inspiring. So that's what I've been doing, pushing my art just a little further and further each day.

I'll most likely be contributing in the bloodsports in hopes that I can improve my artwork. At least, at worst, I can show you what not to do :)

Cheers,

Jereme
deviantART
I seriously doubt your artwork is what NOT to do. By deciding a work is ugly, replicate the "ugliness" of it as redundant or belaboring it may seem. Trying to draw the perfect head shape as a perfect circle worked awesome, until I actually drew a balanced circle, and decided the previous smushed circles became pretty.