the dawckbook! come watch me fail (and hopefully learn)
today i did the first emote for my stream, since i got some subscribers recently i felt bad not having any,

also an old comic from last year and todays warmups

Dawckbook

Stream

When in doubt ask yourself, what would scooby do?
stuff from theese days streams and personal stuffz

Dawckbook

Stream

Love the lady with the dotted headscarf--such attitude! And the high emperor crashed in front of a tv cracks me up. :)

Sketchbook

heey thx tygerson!

this is a turd of an experiment i did trying filters and stuff to get the neon look quick, i think it was 30 mins total and more stuff from the stream and morning warmups gotta be careful around black and white, theyre all 30 mins too so i only study composition and value range, and avoid getting into detail not good enough yet but it gave my brain a good workout

Dawckbook

Stream

Hey!! hehe that comic is great :3, a recommendation to paint uses a larger brush is complicated to do it that way but I think you learn a lot and draw the hair if it is a little complicated, but our friend Proko has good videos about that.

(Podemos hablar en español creo que es mejor jajajaja , Saludos ^^)

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Pretty good, decent studies!

Do you have a specific goal in your mind of what you're trying to learn when you're doing these?
Are you trying to get better at anatomy? Construction? Perspective? Proportions?

In my subjective view, these look like "Studies, just for the sake of doing studies"

I think you'll grow a lot faster if you have a specific subject/concept/fundamental- that you're trying to get better at when your're starting your studies, then giving yourself a critique of what you think you did well and what not.

Keep up the grind!

hey thanks alot for the comments, my intent witht the studies are as stated in the post, practice value range with a time limit as to not get too caught up in details, i do always have a goal in mind when doing studies this for an example are subjects im not comfortable with that im gonna need  for a comission so i study with photos a couple times and then do it but using it in the composition designing the shapes to help me sell my image, most sundays i take a look at all ive done that week and make small notes in my sb so i have always a clear look at my weaknesses and not get into a comfort zone of certain subjects, for an example looking at value studies and composition practice from the end of last year i realized i didnt stick to my histogram, and at times relied too much on value shifts i didnt understand yet so this year im forcing myself to have a deeper value range today we are doing my first ever texture spheres and the chat wanted a hair drawing stream so ill do that as well

thx for the tough comments HIRVIOS but i did state all you asked in my earlier post ^^ as i usually do theese on stream so i absolutely must have a focus since most of my viewers are just learning and i do my best to not do any bad habits.

also heres something i wanted to share here its just a dumb progress pic but i think theese help to track how youre doing, both sketches where done in 1hr 2 years apart.

Dawckbook

Stream

taking a note from fedodika i only drew today with alot of focus on line weight and working from a somewhat messy hasketch to refine forms, usual stuff really but i rarely do it, i really enjoyed it half are from studies and the other half from imagination

some ended up being quite small so ill upload crops for those that want a better look

the orange dude is a repaint for a viewer 

im seeing some fundamental issues with proportions and im always bad at following, however theres a few where i did the whole grid and ofcourse the result was way better, im repeating this tomorrow to nail down what ive learned, i asked my chat to uplioad their pets so its not only humans and i can start drawing animals from imagination, ill upload the offstream stuff tomorrow

Dawckbook

Stream

im keeping painting sealed for now other than my morning warmups i really want to get better at both line quality *which is what i practiced yesterday, and todat it was more about structure and i tried to refine one into a more finished drawing but using structure beneath, animals arent my forte but it was fun since it was the pets from the people on the stream 

Dawckbook

Stream

I love all the faces and hairstyles. How do you get such clean lines? Is it just time with the tablet?

Sketchbook

i have a comission so this are drawings and preparations for the painting ill upload more digital drawings soon also i think im gonna add tone to the earlier sketches since its a shame since drawing its always the first step if i just leave them like that. im telling you right now im gonna ruin them probs but i have to do it, ill never succed if i dont fail at first and experiment like crazy i think ill reado comp sketches now that he elements are alot more defined.

Dawckbook

Stream

yo Dawkward! awesome youre doing these sketches my dude; One thing that will help you a lot if youre struggling with proportions is to just lay into repetition. Sycra talks about this in his "the fastest way to improve" video, where you draw a head lay in and just do it over and over, noticing the mistakes you do in the lay in until they start looking right. That way you save time from drawing all the details like hair, eyelashes you know hatching, and get the important stuff right;

Its like building a house you know, make an attractive base for the house, thats the proportions, and then the details and stuff are the paint on the house. You dont need the paint, you need the structure, it gives you something to sell and to live in. keep goin m8 <3

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
redid everything and did studies for the piece im i like this one much better the other wan was a mess from the get go, i kind of winged it,i must never do that again haha 

first hands from head im doing 100s just as warmups and to get the juices going

first studies

then doing it from head and making my own diagrams for future reference, using a image found on DA

after that i did poses focusing on perspective and then personality

used the one i liked as a base 

and went from there

i still have to test if my perspective is right on some stuff but after that its on to lineart and then actual painting this last one is just a test and for the client before i begin 

C&C appretiated!

Dawckbook

Stream

(02-08-2018, 04:16 PM)dawckward Wrote: stuff from theese days streams and personal stuffz

I like the idea . An huge element on his head , which cover up elements on the background . I don't like giving advice , but in this case I could say , how I would work . Because , I am also working on the character design right now, I recommend to be really calm and work on this piece a short much as I can at least 16- 20 twenty hours in count . Than, choose color pallet from another artist , I usually go for middle value of gray , and more disaturated color at the beginning , because everything in our life greyisg , mostly . Than don't forget about planes , you have tv the closest and some kind of airplane at furthest point - you can read a bit about air perspective make objects which far away dimmer . Than don't forget about the darkest shadows , cast shadows especially on characters , don't forget that the body has own shadows too which are a bit lighter than core shadow . Lighting fro my the tv adding at the end after you polish the body , I would recommend to make light at the whole piece as if it be at the evening so you can make a dramatic reflection from tv on character . Also you can think to add some comics bubbles from tv , which will say some propoganda stuff. . Also I would crop image a bit , to concentrate attention on human , try to find information anoit rule of third . The human body has to be the most detailed, and everything else pretty loss . I also would referenceon how to draw his body after artist named Maxim Verehin . What I said moreover the pose you chose I really like it but make sure to find a reference just to be. Sure . Don't draw every small hair on his helmet try to make more loss watch at old master how did they've approx had it . Remember to make something brighter or more saturated mean stuff that something has to be less saturated and less light , all colors can't exist without one another they'd effecting one another . Joahhan item has a great book read it but only part about color . Because you need to understand physics of color and perception of the human eye. Make one point grid for perspective. And lastly , believe it yourself it is the most vital for achieving a result .

MAybe it is my preference ,but i would make smt like that
but adapt more for rule of third

Attached Files Image(s)

I usually watching speedpaiting from chinese , which texture and where is better to apply , pay sometime for watching and analyzing , The brain is the strongest tool in artist`s hands.

Also here are some channels which do overpaint on art of Novice artist, watch it and remember their mistakes and don`t make them it your piec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4LeFjY04Go&t=468s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncUZHV1qG30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvlDhEsPcQ

Think about princeples neither particular brush . (Honestly, i found and download all brushes from favorite artists)

Attached Files Image(s)

HI , bro it is me agian!

Here a free programm that i usually use for aprouching references:
https://www.pureref.com

ANd my secret weapon , i have this image near my eye when i am drawing ,as a consequence i always can compare smt to it

Attached Files Image(s)

hi man i do use pure ref thanks anyways also your comments are super helpful! some things you point out i actually dont think about so i add them to my whiteboard of shit to consider while drawing/painting, heres updates on the piece and stuff ive done since the last update

click on images for fullres 

first its hands from the day, for my 100s sets, theyre from imagination tomorrow il reffed half and half from head with another focus todays focus was story

also a concept challenge for fun its from the brother baston discord, the theme is "kinght of the omen" when i finnish it i may explain it for now im taking it easy

so thisis from todays stuffz added some grids but still got some mistakes on the body

fixed body issues added more details and started to give personality to the objects, lose the straight edges

the style its going to be celshaded so im not too woried about edges, i mean i am but its not like its gonna be brushstroke heavy itll be mroe about controlling my focal point

the tv glare will be aded later (yesterdays was tests to see if i was going in the right direction and for the client, when i re add it thats gonna help alot t control the viewers eye anyways see ya the next update guys! :D

Dawckbook

Stream

Me encanta esa ultima pieza, ya lo quiero ver terminado!.
Tienes un horario para stremear? yo también quiero empezar a hacerlo!

Gettin better fast Mr Dawkward, keep goin!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
I love it! It's like, once you've conquered the world, what is there left to do?

Sketchbook