J.R.Hollis - Postin it
Star 
Hey, I'm gunna post here now.

Attached Files Image(s)

S'more

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome J.R.Hollis!
I like the idea with the bell tower ghoul, and how you executed it. He really does look pretty scary.
But I was wondering, what was the exercise when you did those sets of islandy-landscapes? Was it to look at the photo and think off more places that might be around? If so, I think that sounds super fun, and I like the sketches you did either way.

failure is a badge of honour 

sketchbook / tumblr 
(06-14-2017, 03:56 PM)tinDeer Wrote: Welcome J.R.Hollis!
I like the idea with the bell tower ghoul, and how you executed it. He really does look pretty scary.
But I was wondering, what was the exercise when you did those sets of islandy-landscapes? Was it to look at the photo and think off more places that might be around? If so, I think that sounds super fun, and I like the sketches you did either way.
Hey, tinDeer!

Thanks for the compliment, and the exercise is off of ctrl+Paint.

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/imagina...thumbnails

Using this method helps me break the Greyscale slump I get in when I create a color pallet and make thumbnails to pick from when trying to develop a full image. I still find it difficult working in pure color on a blank canvas, even in oils where I work in sepia first.

Here is some more, I would paint more but I need to get a personal computer to continue.

Attached Files Image(s)

S'more

Attached Files Image(s)