Review of Concept needed
Hey everyone I just finished this piece below I feel like it is a bit stiff and there are possibly other issues I connot notice and crits on how I should improve the design or the fundamentals of the image will be appreciated!

I'm not sure how the coat works. From the chest up, it looks like it's a coat with buttons. Chest down it looks like a shirt. The side skirt is a bit confusing. At first glance it looks like it's a part of the upper clothing. With longer observation, I'm having a hard time thinking how that's sewn in. Which in turn makes me think if it's a separate article of clothing..

The attachment of the sling of the gun looks flimsy, to a point it might rip the vest (or the bar off the vest) if the gun's too heavy. And is the sling a corded like a telephone cord? I'm wondering what's the use of it's coiled design.

Not super sure what those boxes on her back are. They could be: A) Batteries, given the walkie talkie on her vest, or B) Boosters, which is probably unlikely because activating those boosters might just rip the vest off her body.

Kneepad says the character is going to do a lot of kneeling. Boots suggest this person is probably an all terrain soldier/warrior!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Yeah good spot with the shirt and the skirting it completly slipped my mind, the sling is more like a bungee cord similar to modern gun slings to give it the coiling lets it be moved around more easily.
Yeah they are thrusters but good point out there i did not think about the force generated by it as it would need a more secure attachment!

Yep glad that came across knee pads also just look cool too nice way to break up the leg shape if it has baggy clothing!

~Thanks for the Crit John I'll keep them in mind for future designs!

Maybe this is just me but it looks like her kneepads are fastened to her thigh above her knee instead of where her kneecap should be.  The folds of her pants seem to suggest that her actual kneecap is roughly a kneepad width lower.  Just measuring with my fingers, the measurement from bottom of her boot to center of kneepad, when moved up the figure, means the same measurement goes from the center of kneepad to her lower ribcage, instead of ending at the pelvis.  I think perhaps you meant for her ankle to be where the tops of her boots start, but added on the tall boots (nice detail on those) without considering how that changes the proportion of her leg.

I would look at the slope of her shoulders, too.  Maybe square those up a bit - figure out where the points of the shoulders are.  The shoulder on viewer's left seems longer/wider than the one on viewer's right.  

I like the practicality of her uniform in both color and fit.  She feels authentic.  The touches of yellow on her boots, kneepads and harness add some nice interest and seem to signal that she is from some kind of organized force.  Might be cool if that were part of her unit's colors and she had a yellow patch or something on the uniform.  I'm curious what her helmet looks like.