Critiquing digital painting landscape
Hello im new at digital painting, i would love a critique, or advice for my work thanks a lot!

Made some changes acording to critiques, what do u think?

I can't be sure what is in the image to give crit and feedback. They could be rocks or forest at this point. One thing I can suggest is think about if this very still, completely horizontal composition is what you intend to have for your image. Also, add something that's closer to the viewer to have a foreground, and something much further back to have a backgound. That will give your image feeling of a deeper space. Keep painting and post further updates for more feedback :)

Focus.
(02-11-2017, 05:22 AM)meat Wrote: I can't be sure what is in the image to give crit and feedback. They could be rocks or forest at this point. One thing I can suggest is think about if this very still, completely horizontal composition is what you intend to have for your image. Also, add something that's closer to the viewer to have a foreground, and something much further back to have a backgound. That will give your image feeling of a deeper space. Keep painting and post further updates for more feedback :)

Thanks a lot meat for the advice, ill do it. Ill continue updating the image for further critiques!
Yeah just like that! Move that background volcano to the far left though, it makes a nice diagonal line with the foreground. Now just keep painting  it to your desired degree of finish

Focus.
(02-11-2017, 08:32 AM)meat Wrote: Yeah just like that! Move that background volcano to the far left though, it makes a nice diagonal line with the foreground. Now just keep painting  it to your desired degree of finish

Thanks a lot meat! really helpfull, i dont really dont know how to make a piece look finished hahahah, any tips on that?
You're gonna have to define the objects in the image more. Sharper edges, clearer silhouettes, more details on what those objects are, and clarify which direction the light is coming from. As for what is a finished look, that's rather up to you to decide what you want this to look like, and where you are at now.

Focus.
Hi Kraken8000,

Nice start! And welcome to Crimson Daggers!
Would be helpful for you if you start up a sketchbook thread, put a link in your sig and start doing some studies.
For critiques on this piece, I'd recommend doing individual studies of each of the elements you have in the painting: a study of a cliff face, of trees, of clouds, and water falls, etc. But at this stage starting out in painting, it would also be really useful to do simple black and white still-life studies of simple objects. Something that I think can be useful in this regard is taking a lump of putty (such as a kneaded eraser) and moulding it into a simple shape and putting it under a light and studying it... (I have an example of a study I did like that on the last page of my sketchbook).

You could also practice drawing out the elements in line work, to show individual elements a bit clearer, as a pre-cursor to rendering them, and to get a better idea of what you want to paint.

Anyway its a great start, keep practicing!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
Welcome to the forum Kraken8000 :).

You've already had some great advice from Meat and Aks9 so all I wanted to add was that if you want to work on environment pieces, I can recommend Amit's Environment Design Rocks class - the class has finished, but he has kept the course materials up for people to work through on their own:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6851.html

Keep up the good work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(02-19-2017, 11:41 PM)aks9 Wrote: Hi Kraken8000,

Nice start! And welcome to Crimson Daggers!
Would be helpful for you if you start up a sketchbook thread, put a link in your sig and start doing some studies.
For critiques on this piece, I'd recommend doing individual studies of each of the elements you have in the painting: a study of a cliff face, of trees, of clouds, and water falls, etc. But at this stage starting out in painting, it would also be really useful to do simple black and white still-life studies of simple objects. Something that I think can be useful in this regard is taking a lump of putty (such as a kneaded eraser) and moulding it into a simple shape and putting it under a light and studying it... (I have an example of a study I did like that on the last page of my sketchbook).

You could also practice drawing out the elements in line work, to show individual elements a bit clearer, as a pre-cursor to rendering them, and to get a better idea of what you want to paint.

Anyway its a great start, keep practicing!
 Thanks a lot that really helps! i will do that. Thanks for the responce Aks9!
(02-20-2017, 07:43 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to the forum Kraken8000 :).

You've already had some great advice from Meat and Aks9 so all I wanted to add was that if you want to work on environment pieces, I can recommend Amit's Environment Design Rocks class - the class has finished, but he has kept the course materials up for people to work through on their own:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6851.html

Keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot artloader i will see that class!