Elephants and funny colors
Hello! Again. It's been a while sense my one and only post. Procrastination is one of the things I need to work on...
Anyhow: ART!

[Image: 30m331d.jpg]

[Image: n4d39.jpg]

So, this is a work in progress of something I'm doing for fun. My process thus far was: I first scanned in a sharpie sketch and lighten the linework, applying a texture layer to hide the rough edges. I then printed the lightened sketch (shown above) and did some prismacolor marker color-blobbing. I'm now going in with sharpies of various colors to define my edges a bit, make it look like less of a mess. I'm thinking my next step should be some colored-pencil detail work, get some of those blobs to make more sense. I'll take any sort of critique at this point, the harsher the better.
Pretty sick :D I love the colors! There seems to be some contrast problems, especially with the last elephant, the colors/values match with the background so that it blends in with the surroundings. I'm not sure if this is intentional though.

Things id personally change are
the elephant peeping through the tucks is a bit weird
not feeling the green outline round the middle elephant
they all look like theyre coming towards the viewer but the front one seems to be coming from the water
and he looks like hes bigger but standing at the same distance as the 2nd elephant

i do like
the overall feel of the piece
the fact the rider is not immediately attention grabbing
most of the line work besides the 1st elephants ear which has a randomness not evident anywhere else in the piece.
overall composition i like

well done, please dont take anything to harsh, just my honest impressions

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
(07-18-2017, 07:27 PM)Xeul Wrote: Hello! Again. It's been a while sense my one and only post. Procrastination is one of the things I need to work on...
Anyhow: ART!

[Image: 30m331d.jpg]

[Image: n4d39.jpg]

So, this is a work in progress of something I'm doing for fun. My process thus far was: I first scanned in a sharpie sketch and lighten the linework, applying a texture layer to hide the rough edges. I then printed the lightened sketch (shown above) and did some prismacolor marker color-blobbing. I'm now going in with sharpies of various colors to define my edges a bit, make it look like less of a mess. I'm thinking my next step should be some colored-pencil detail work, get some of those blobs to make more sense. I'll take any sort of critique at this point, the harsher the better.

Hi,

As for the style this looks pretty amazing, my first thought was some kind of a wall design? or graffiti in a way? My critique is to improve maybe doing the trunk or the elephant, also the rider seems not noticeable also it is hard to identify if that a reaper or so? and looks flat to me. also try to improve the elephants behind and maybe change the green color on the first elephant.

but on the details side your line work is good, just keep on going this style may work on your behalf. keep it up hope this helps.

Attached Files Image(s)