Greetings from the great northwest
Yes, I said greetings.My real name is Roz but I am known as Miracula by more people. I am taking a brave step to introduce myself as I am usually content to sit in the background and watch.

A little about myself, I am a 34 year old aspiring artist from the Puget Sound area of Washington State. I am a very happily married wife of 13 years and a mother of 3 special needs children, 1 being autistic and the other two developmentally delayed. I have set aside my art for most of those 12 years and while I had done some commissions and fan art a couple years ago, I have always regretted my investment in to college. I got none of the training I thought I would get and even if I had, I don't believe I was ready to absorb it.

I have some pretty big downfalls that I fight daily to overcome. I am bipolar, and lazy. So I have a horrible time starting a piece properly and even worse never finishing them. I have social anxiety so I am horrible about meeting new people and even worse asking for any sort of help to the point that I not only hurt myself but even my family. I also have a bit of O.C.D. Drives my husband crazy but it also is the worst thing to have when you are lazy because unless I can get something perfect on the first try, I don't bother. Hehe. This is the same problem with my works.

Now I am ready to learn. And just as I made the decision to start increasing my skill, I stumbled across Crimson Critters on youtube. Transfixed by what I was seeing I found myself, 4 hours later still watching. I was simple amazed by what these two gents had done. So I have been watching their old streams on and off for the last three days.

I read what the deathline challenge and was inspired.

So here are my goals for this year
1. To become more consistently active. Taking more walks and to start dancing to help with loosing weight. I also want to get down about 100 pounds. But I am shooting for 50 by Christmas.
2. To set at least 4 hours a day to my art, 4 days a week. As this is the most I can realistically give without taking away from the care of my other responsibilities.
3. To ask for help and to try harder in my en devours. Yes, this is technically two but it really goes hand in hand. Means others can hold me accountable.

So here I am and I hope to get to know more of the wonderful people here.

I am not interested in becoming a concept artist as I have no desire to work for anyone other than myself. I have a secret project that I am working on and I want the discipline to do it right. If you would like to see any of my art work it is posted on facebook and deviantart and soon on my new website.

http://miracula.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/miraculous.visions