Angie's ongoing challenge to actually finish stuff!
Brick 
My Deathline goals are...

1. Get physically fit again after hip injury, go swimming once a week and do pilates back strengthening exercises once a day after work. Walk home from work at least once a week (depending on weather)

2. Do a non-caricature related study every day, must not be a person. Concentrate on Enviros, Lighting, Colour, Texture, Atmosphere, Perspective, Composition and Storytelling. Participate in the Bloodsport challenges to keep track.

3. Finish some goddamn caricatures and don't start one til you've finished one! Godditt? Ok, cool.

First case in point....

Attached Files Image(s)

Angel One down...(front and back - done in PS)

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress with my hip/back. Been having sessions with a chiropractor (got hit by a car in '06) and after pushing my pelvis back into place I feel like a new woman. Saw a pilates instructor last week, she instructed me on some starting excercises to get my muscles back into working mode before I can move on to the next lot. Haven't been swimming yet, I'm scared of pulling a muscle in my back by doing too much too soon. I'll stick with doing these everyday and walking home from work (about 2-3miles).

Next caricature on the to finish list is....Wanda and Archie

Angel

Attached Files Image(s)

Updaaaaate....

still more rendering to go...render render render render renduuuuuuur etc!

Attached Files Image(s)

awesome carricatures - and all the best for your health!

Thanks Wolkenfels :D

Angel

I decided to finish a caricature of Juliette Lewis I started instead of the Fish Called Wanda poster as it was less work to finish basically and I'm putting off doing Wanda until I'm in the mood to watch the film again (I find it helps more to draw when I see them in motion, otherwise they tend to become stiff and lifeless, I'm afraid that probably happened to Juliette too I'm generally happy with how it turned out but there's something a bit meh about it, I might add in the other band members, maybe it's just that the composition needs more to it than her just stood there...hmmm)

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-19-2012, 11:38 PM)Angel_Intheuk Wrote: Angel One down...(front and back - done in PS)
I love your style a lot...Where did you study?
Hiya Bmarcel

Thanks very much :D I studied at a tiny art college in Yorkshire, was so long ago now, that was more fundamentals so it didn't really influence my style much.

It wasn't until after I joined Conceptart.org and I practiced photoshop alongside some guys that were at the same level as me, they inspired me alot. Then I did Jason Seilers the Art of Caricature course (self-study only unfortunately) but I highly recommend it if you're interested. www.schoolism.com

My favourite caricture inpsirations are: Norman Rockwell, Al Hirshfeld, Tom Richmond, Sebastian Kruger and Jan Op De Beek. I try and pay attention to what they exaggerate and how they paint but I do tend to copy styles if I'm not careful :D
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...and thank you for that course reference...I actually like self pace for learning new art techniques and things, so maybe it'll be perfect for me then. ;) :)
You're very welcome bmarcel :) I like the self-learning too but I did feel a little lonely not being able to get feedback from Jason, I guess I could have sent my stuff in to him but he only really crits the full-time students work and I didnt want to bug him, he's a busy man.

New Years Goals:

so just as a note to myself really - What the hell girl? you did shit all this year :( only managed to finish 2? 2?? I know that Christmas happened and then your computer started playing up but come on! *slap* get motivated!

Didn't do many of my goals, except the get fitter one :) I managed to go out dancing at New Years, danced most of the night and didn't pay for it with a bad back like usual, bonus! :D Also had a couple of commissions and got back into knitting and made some prints and dolls to sell at my works Xmas fayre.

Attached Files Image(s)

Started a sketchbook to keep track of things...http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2091.html

Nice caricatures and you're cute
Thanks aw psht! :D

Finished A Fish Called Wanda :D (another one down)

Finished a painting of Lost in Translation I did last year :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Lost in translation; my goodness i love you! Party
Hey Angel, awesome stuff! I see you migrated here from Conceptart.org too. Lovely work you have here.
My goodness I'm in love with that A Fish Called Wander piece!
One of my favourite movies and you did it more than justice!! :D

And that Juliette Lewis piece is hilarious, spot on hahaha

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Fedodika - Thanks :D Love ya too fellow fan!

Beeston - Thanks for the comment, yeah I'll still visit CA but I felt like it was time to explore other places to skulk around on and get feedback :)

smrrfette - Aw, thanks very much, If you want a print I can send you one for cost price? ;) x

So here's the next three that have been bumped up my list of shit to finish...any suggestions, crits on the compositions/likenesses would be great, the firefly one is very, vey rough and I will rearrange it some more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Took a deviation from my list...here's a caricature I did of Dave and Dan instead.

On to Kill Bill now in time for the 10 year anniversary...10 years wow!

Attached Files Image(s)