Yianni's Sketchbook
Hey guys, I'm new to the community here! I've been meaning to make a sketchbook thread for a while now, but I wasn't sure weather to make one over at conceptart or here. I decided here because the community is massive over there, and I'd rather bump into discussions with people I have already talked with.

Anyway! I'm a 17 year old aspiring Illustrator. I only started taking art super seriously 5 months ago. I use to do portraits back in the day, but now I know Art, Illustrating is where it's all at, after a few experiments.

So I've collected many books from Burne Hogarth and I plan to get many more from other authors. I've been studying plus making my own pieces to apply what I've learned. The older ones I won't post up, but the 2 previous ones I did within the month I will. I will also be posting many studies, doodles and what not. C:

Critiques/Comments are more than welcome :D

<b>Applications</b>
These are pieces I did after some face studies. I'm not going to bother dig up old studies, I'm only going to put up new ones i think.
[Image: rac9aw.jpg]
[Image: 107nktl.jpg]

<b>Studies</b>
I've been mainly studying anatomy. These are some forearm studies I've done. Mainly looking at the Extensors. Very messy. but trying to understand form.

Attached Files Image(s)

Forearms are a really nightmare for me! Good studies! Keep it up! :)
(05-14-2012, 02:45 AM)Jaku Wrote: Forearms are a really nightmare for me! Good studies! Keep it up! :)

they're actually pretty complex :/ and just the whole concept of all these wrapping forms around it blows my mind. Thanks a lot though, I will :D

finished my Semester 1 art major for high school. not too proud. Used to much reference for it, and hasn't got that polish.
Some more study's soon, maybe now!

EDIT: I'm gonna clean up those marks and stuff before I hand it up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did some neck study's. I didn't read the color values so perfectly. However, that was the first time I tried to copy color values without the eye dropper tool. I think I did okay.

Now that most of my school work is now out the way, I plan to do study's/sketches every day! C:

Attached Files Image(s)

Front torso study C: Did a lot of other studies, might consider uploading them when I have the time

Attached Files Image(s)

Another one. a Bit late! I might do some more lined base drawings and revise on what I have learned so far.

Attached Files Image(s)

More C:

Attached Files Image(s)

I've been pretty quiet on here due to the lack of response, however I figured if I do some better quality studys more consistently I'll get more response.

Okay so, top one is done from reference
bottom, I applied what I learnt I did most of it from memory

Attached Files Image(s)

Been hard at work. There's A LOT more to this piece than the face of course. Should be finished soon.
I also might consider uploading my old stuff on here, it's just I'm having a few dramas with the uploader.

Attached Files Image(s)

Talking to myself again, aha...
Another progress snap, feel free to critique/comment, don't hesitate.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished the other piece and I did some very rough face studies

Attached Files Image(s)