879 SB
I want to get back into studying. I’ll do at least one thu, sat & sun (days off).

Welcome to crimson daggers.

I will wait for more study.I think i got already a few advise to give you but i will not judge base on such small amount of work.

Did it say you did this in 4 hour?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from is own error.
^i don’t know how long it took

I would say i see two big issue right now.One is Brush control(by extension edge control) and the other would be value.
To clean you edge and create angular edge you can use the polygonal lasso tool or you can also make the brush behave in a linear manner meaning it will lock form one point to an other this is done by holding down shift normally and clicking 2 time to create a line.Rounded edge are more challenging and will require a good deal of practice but you can also use the lasso tool and create a selection to help you erase or add in.The secret is to learn to invert a selection or add to a selection.Of course selection are much less useful if you work on a single layers compare to working on a few layers

For value just don't throw down a dark just because it a shadow take the time to evaluate the character of the shadow.

That all for to day i hope this was helpful.Don't hesitate if you have question.

My Sketchbook
^not sure if procreate has that

(09-29-2019, 10:35 AM)879 Wrote: ^not sure if procreate has that

If you want to find out on your own you will have to research the question on Youtube or a search engine.Try to be more specif about what you refer to next time so i can know what you talking about.

Also from my observation you seem to be only working with one hard brush a term you also might not be familiar with.

Check this website scroll a bit down and check the ton of video they have on digital art it should boost your knowledge a a good rate.But i would suggest you go back to simply drawing on paper with a pencil to simplify your approach and learn to work without digital assistance first.

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library

My Sketchbook
(09-20-2019, 03:05 PM)darktiste Wrote: Did it say you did this in 4 hour?
Because of the mark on the table? I had to search for it, lol.

@879 - The texture on the apple looks good. I recommend doing the background surfaces with larger brushes initially, to not remove the focus from the object(s) you are studying.

^ok
^^yes that is a problem

This might be to advance for you put i manage to fix some of your drawing issue by using

if you use photoshop shift+ctrl+x to acess the liquify option this open up the possibility to fix issue such as ellipse not being symmetrical or the pen being not straight.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
^ok

Do you do anything past a semi rendered state?What are you studying and why?

My Sketchbook
^no, in filenames, fun

Nice colors, they look juicy! Perhaps you could push back the background even more by choosing colors that are more subdued. Smile
^ok