depth in perspective.
for sure my biggest problem with drawing perspective is i do not have a eye for depth.

during construction of any picture with a background i dont know what steps i need to take to determine how far back a picture goes vs how tall something in the picture is.

i can take a photo and work it backwards and easily understand the depth, ive tried just drawing something close and saying "its about 19 feet high" and marking it. then i try to use this measure say, how high a human would be compared to it but still my pictures dont look correct.

does anybody have any links to help on this? or have some words to share? or care to draw on a image to explain this?
(05-15-2012, 03:23 PM)Mesmer Wrote: for sure my biggest problem with drawing perspective is i do not have a eye for depth.

during construction of any picture with a background i dont know what steps i need to take to determine how far back a picture goes vs how tall something in the picture is.

i can take a photo and work it backwards and easily understand the depth, ive tried just drawing something close and saying "its about 19 feet high" and marking it. then i try to use this measure say, how high a human would be compared to it but still my pictures dont look correct.

does anybody have any links to help on this? or have some words to share? or care to draw on a image to explain this?

there is a thread about this in concept art forum go check... :)