Wontaq's Sketchbook
Question 
Hey, how you doin?

Some studies/ doodles. Bic pen on print paper.

On your first post, middle sketch of the straight arm and the sketch next to it showing someones back. Those two in particular look really great, nice sense of form.
(10-27-2019, 12:55 AM)bluehabit Wrote: On your first post, middle sketch of the straight arm and the sketch next to it showing someones back. Those two in particular look really great, nice sense of form.

Thank you for your kind words, and also thanks for coming by.
Ditto. And post much more so we can crit :)

(10-27-2019, 04:12 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: Ditto. And post much more so we can crit :)

Much appreciated. I will.

Looking good :) Now for full figure?

(10-29-2019, 08:05 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: Looking good :) Now for full figure?

Thanks! I know I should finish something, but I always abandon my drawings for some reason.
Hello. Look, I did a thing. It's not pretty but I'll get there. Rendering is such a pain in the derrière...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey,

you have some beautiful rendering with your bic pen studies. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks! I need to work on some boring stuff first to level up my game, right now it would be way too comfortable and fruitless to do these anatomy studies, but as soon as I feel I have more things, I'm gonna post it here.
Don't hesitate to paint much darker on some areas of this latest WIP :)

(11-20-2019, 08:56 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: Don't hesitate to paint much darker on some areas of this latest WIP :)

Hey, it makes sense! I had already forgotten about this thing, but you gave me a second chance by calling it WIP.
It's just a sketch.

I considered going back to the previous one to improve on it, but I need to learn a more exciting way to render first, something that gives me more freedom and allows me to try multiple things faster before committing to a plan or worse, working without a plan. After all, my goal is to be able to tell stories and to test different ways to do it instead of just producing pretty pictures.
Do you guys have any ideas of where I can find such a thing?

Edit: I forgot to post the sketch, here it is:

When your this vague the only thing that come to my mind is layers&tool.By understanding how to re-use the element you already created and thinking in term of layers you can remove and add to your design and even move around object or change the perspective of thing or change there color and more.

The solution to your problem is being aware of your tool.But it also being able to use and understand and be able to combine them to create solution.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey, @darkstide

I didn't know Paul Richards had this website, I only knew his blogs http://babelab.blogspot.com/ and, Autodestruct and his Patreon.

I'm gonna try doing what you said and check out this tutorial, it certainly looks fun and useful. It never hurts to learn some new tricks and techniques. I have my own way of sketching lines to look for ideas but I always get lost. Maybe I'm losing something...
Maybe the idea is the same for values and rendering? Idk, I'm gonna try it...

Thanks a lot!
(11-21-2019, 03:55 AM)Wontaq Wrote: Hey, @darkstide

I didn't know Paul Richards had this website, I only knew his blogs http://babelab.blogspot.com/ and, Autodestruct and his Patreon.

I'm gonna try doing what you said and check out this tutorial, it certainly looks fun and useful. It never hurts to learn some new tricks and techniques. I have my own way of sketching lines to look for ideas but I always get lost. Maybe I'm losing something...

Thanks a lot!
Took so long to write a comment that you had the time to see the original but changed it because i was not sure it was going answers your question ... so read my previous message again for new insight if you didn't already.If you need the link again pm me.Since i deleted the link or use your historic and save it idk if you find it useful...

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(11-21-2019, 04:24 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 03:55 AM)Wontaq Wrote: Hey, @darkstide

Thanks a lot!
Took so long to write a comment that you had the time to see the original but changed it because i was not sure it was going answers your question ... so read my previous message again for new insight if you didn't already.If you need the link again pm me.Since i deleted the link or use your historic and save it idk if you find it useful...

It's ok, I read it.