hiya everyone
[font=[/font]

hello everyone

I am IronCutter15 I wanted to start out that going into this group I hope I can stride to get better and develop my skills as an artist whether traditional or digital media.if you want to know more about myself well let's start at the beginning. growing up watching cartoons and playing video games I always had a thing for art ever since I was young. at age 10 I decided to ask myself what I wanted to be and well I wanted to do a lot of things. after thinking about it I fell in love with art so much that I wanted to pursue it.I enjoy a lot of cartoons whether it was U.S. super hero's like batman, the Punisher, and such. and also Anime.video games too like some of the capcom stuff, grand theft auto,metal gear solid, etc. there is a lot I like so I wanted to hone my skills to develop a particular way of drawing. I know that there is a lot of styles out there but I want to draw the way that I wanted to draw. I don't want to be someone else but myself.

I started reading how to draw books including "how to draw manga" by hikaru hayashi and starting practicing my skills.and took classes in high school (digital photoshop as well because its free :D )and some classes in college. but I feel like after doing it a while I feel it wasn't good enough. I when to some conventions from where I live and I notice how much work it would take to get myself out there. I know that going to school isn't really enough for me to be out there so I wanted to really stress on becoming a better artist. after all this is "the industry" and I very much knew what I am getting myself into; there is a lot of talented artist and everyone is out to survive and be the best that they can be. I want to separate myself from the crowd and try to push myself as much as possible even when I'm pissed!

I don't want to be some bum who just doesn't get anywhere in life and waste it!I don't want to become one of them. I want to pursue and do something with my skills and get somewhere in life.I hope I can improve any way that I can and hopefully one day I can get the job that I wanted.

my goals for myself
I'll make it simple but these are what I have in mind at the moment

-to work at a comic book industry(udon entertainment,image,dark horse comics) and to be able to attend comic book conventions to promote myself

-to be to really understand both traditional media(penciling,inking,values) and digital media(like knowing more tricks, and learning new techniques)

-to be more confident and efficient in my art skills and be able to handle stress in the industry

-to get a better life and enjoy what I do.

-and to help other's when needed so they can pursue what they want in life.

just to get this out of the way I want to focus on comic books because I have a appreciation toward that media and I wanted to focus more that. I don't feel that I should work at animation and movies because it doesn't interest me. this is what I want to improve on and really hope to get myself there when I get there for now I want to start on the right foot.

thanks
by Ironcutter
[/i][/b]

Welcome, glad you've set yourself goals and are motivated to improve, keep that attitude and work hard and you will achieve. It would be nice to have a link to some of your work to look at it, do you have a deviant art account or a place online where you have some of your work posted?