Dominicque's Sketchbook
Those studies somehow manage to look loose and effortless yet super polished at the same time

Also nice to see you having fun with characters and creating some scenes with a story

Good stuff, keep going :)
(02-25-2024, 08:11 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates, really impressive amount of studies and you're figure work is solid.  Keep it up!

Thanks for taking a look, CG!
(02-27-2024, 04:55 AM)ohnooo Wrote: Those studies somehow manage to look loose and effortless yet super polished at the same time

Also nice to see you having fun with characters and creating some scenes with a story

Good stuff, keep going :)

Haha, I wish it was as 'effortless' as it looks. I just rough out the general shapes and the 'carve' out the image, like a sculptor. I've spend so many years focusing on line over everything else, that's probably why. Right now, my 'goal', or should I mindset is to just focus on creating finished images, even if it makes time and many stages. Speaking of... here is an image I quickly created some years ago of a Japanese schoolgirl lying on her bed, with a sequential comic. But, the usually fears got to me, so I never finished it. Instead of carrying on with the image, I decided to redraw it again, this time in coloured pencil, considering I was feeling more confident with it. 

I feel I lost the softness of her expression, tho. I wanted her jaw to be tipped by slightly, looking up to her ceiling/daydreaming, but here she's looking more to the audience. Not finished, but again, stages. I used a shit ton of references, woo!  Party The anxiety is loosening. 

This has inspired me to do back and try and develop and complete older work. Horror concept. Lost the angle of the monster's face in the 'final' idea.

I recently discovered post packs and bought some that caught my eye on Cubebrush. I, at first tried to buy them of off Art Station, but my first name showed and not my pseudonym, so I tried to create an account the traditional way, but it wouldn't let me use that as the email was already in use. How frustrating. I downloaded the free ones by Rachel Bradley to test it out. I really wanted to buy it for the 'taking the hood off ref'

I then developed this as the basis for drawing my first OC I ever uploaded the nets, when I was 13. 'The Phantom Hoodie', I know not a very original name, but just throwing that out there. Her real name is Alexis, but that's a long, long story. I was super afraid of using references back then, so didn't didn't give myself the grace to develop her further. I guess that's shows how much I've come. 

I've spend so long 'umming' and 'ahhing' over seeing something and wanting to draw it, but here I said 'Fuck it!'. I took my time and really enjoyed rendering this. It's also gave me some idea of how to rendering floating hair. Added some fishes. I feel the right one is more integrated than the upper-left corner.

Loved the lighting from this pose pack. 

Though it would great to finally test out my toned tan paper! I bought the smallest size by accident, so never used it. Her bottom half is less rendered as the ref didn't include it, so I tried to ref based on my knowledge. 

Further iterations and using that for Wonder Woman.  Party Playing around and refining and defining shapes.

I went back to the 'floating girl' pic. I'm working between that and others, and wanted to post when I was completed or at least near that stage, but it's my sketchbook and I can do WHAT.I.WANT! I used references, again. Here I rendered out the dress and her feet, and changed the position and gesture of her hand. STAGES!

[Image: eBqaszv.jpeg]
Note to self: Upload to imgur, hover over image, click the three dots, then 'Get Sharable Links'. Choose 'BB Code'.