Bojstwo's Sketchbook
Cheers to everyone, my name is Illia, I'm 21 y.o. from Ukraine. 

My main goal is to develop myself as a concept artist but as a absolute beginner I'm trying to build up my fundamentals first. I have a great desire to push my design and storytelling skills so time will show up what I'll be able to achieve. 

I've been studying art actively since May 2021 and planning to do it till the very end  Thinking 

I'm opened to all the critique and I'll be glad to discuss art related topics and all this kind of stuff. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Dang, you really started this year? A lot of the figure drawing stuff is better than what I'm putting out after doing this, for a while shall we say. XD

With the painted studies, i will say some of the edge stuff feels a little random, like you will blur or smudge certain edges in most of your studies, and i don't really see a reason, or can't figure out what it's communicating. If it's just to make stuff in shadow more indistinct I would go a lot more subtle with it. But dang you have a great sense of form. I love the colored block paintings

(10-12-2021, 09:15 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Dang, you really started this year? A lot of the figure drawing stuff is better than what I'm putting out after doing this, for a while shall we say. XD

With the painted studies, i will say some of the edge stuff feels a little random, like you will blur or smudge certain edges in most of your studies, and i don't really see a reason, or can't figure out what it's communicating. If it's just to make stuff in shadow more indistinct I would go a lot more subtle with it. But dang you have a great sense of form. I love the colored block paintings

Haha, thanks mate! I've been doing figure drawings since very beginning so probably it's the only topic where I can produce at least something XD

Regarding painted ones - you're right. I tried to smudge edges in the shadow or ones that far away from focal points but yeah, probably it was too much intensive and at some places unnecessarily. I'll try to work on it in my next studies.
Just a loose drapery studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, just wanted to say that goddamn you have improved fast. Wish I had that level of speedy leveling. Keep up the good work!
These look incredible, stunning line work on the figure work specifically, very well drawn and constructed!