Mirres Sketchbook
some gesture drawing practise:
[Image: tumblr_m878sbELLQ1qggipfo4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_m878sbELLQ1qggipfo3_500.png]
Still working on the forest-lady thingy. I really like where it's going right now.
[Image: tumblr_m87i8tUenx1qggipfo1_1280.png]
Nice colors on this last one man. I think the composition is working too, but maybe you can try the lady a little closer to the viewer? Maybe it will add more depth to the scene.

(08-05-2012, 03:49 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: Nice colors on this last one man. I think the composition is working too, but maybe you can try the lady a little closer to the viewer? Maybe it will add more depth to the scene.

I really agree with you on that. I changed the direction she was looking and also placed her closer to the viewer a bit more. It's a bit unpolished compared to the first one, but a WIP is a WIP after all!

Re-arranged the rocks a bit as well to see if it would improve the composition.
[Image: 2mrrupc.png]
I like the color scheme you used in that piece. The only thing that bothers me is lack of narrative. Like this lady standing beside a rock and what? Posing to an invisible camera? But yeah maybe this is just me nit-picking. Really can't wait to see this image finished.

(08-06-2012, 04:55 PM)ramalooke Wrote: I like the color scheme you used in that piece. The only thing that bothers me is lack of narrative. Like this lady standing beside a rock and what? Posing to an invisible camera? But yeah maybe this is just me nit-picking. Really can't wait to see this image finished.

You have a point. Maybe I should re-paint her sitting on a rock or similar? I'm open for suggestions, even redlining if you'd like to!

here's some gesture drawing/practise I did. Wanted to try out a technique I haven't thought of before when referencing. I must say it works very well, you get your pose down, but it doesn't look "too referenced". Although, I think it's good to have some skills in gesture drawing first in order to use this technique completely. Here's some step-by-steps screenshots I took of the process.

[Image: tumblr_m8btcliEta1qggipfo1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8btcliEta1qggipfo2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8btcliEta1qggipfo3_1280.png]
(last picture is quite stylized, hence the enlarged head)

[Image: tumblr_m8buzxhJHI1qggipfo1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8buzxhJHI1qggipfo2_r1_500.png]

This third one was done without using a reference, just to give myself a little challenge.
[Image: tumblr_m8bvxoHXGl1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8bvxoHXGl1qggipfo2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8bvxoHXGl1qggipfo3_1280.png]
I like the axe kick animation/gesture you did :D. Your lines are done with nice energy, but you might want to try slowing down and really nailing neat lines and not go over them so much, especially when you already have the gesture down and you're drawing over. It takes alot of patience and effort though, i still struggle with line quality xD.

Here's some anatomy studies I did yesterday, I still have some trouble with drawing the muscles of the forearm. So I focused mainly on that, and Bridgman is always a great help for arms and hands!
[Image: tumblr_m8frfdaOEE1qggipfo1_1280.jpg]
And here's a environment speedpainting based on a photo I found on tumblr that was just too good to be ignored:
[Image: tumblr_m8frfdaOEE1qggipfo2_500.jpg]
oooh ahhh bridgman ;3 love your approach to studies. Try using your elbow while drawing. It may feel a bit awkward to draw like this at the beggining. But once you get use to it. It will improve your line confidence dramatically. Anyway keep working <3

(08-10-2012, 06:10 PM)ramalooke Wrote: oooh ahhh bridgman ;3 love your approach to studies. Try using your elbow while drawing. It may feel a bit awkward to draw like this at the beggining. But once you get use to it. It will improve your line confidence dramatically. Anyway keep working <3

I know about that technique, I use it as often I can.
However, my desk is not the most suitable for a digital artist, and I lost my glasses some month ago and on top of that - I have a small tablet. However, once I get some kind of economy. I'm gonna invest some new glasses so I can at least be able to sit more straight.
The closest to using my elbow (or at least not hurting my hand) is to rotate the picture while drawing. However it's more useful when I do lineart or painting, not really for 30 second sketches.

Yeah I have the worst working environment right now for my digital art, haha.
Oh man! I haven't updated this thread in like.... two-three months or so?
Welp, the reason is simply that I have -for the first time- fallen into a fandom and all I've been doing is drawing fanart, fanart and fanart.
But now I'm back on track again! Here comes a bunch of doodles and drawings I've done lately!
[Image: tumblr_ma8ee9SOIF1qggipfo1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m9qsabvyVW1qggipfo1_500.png][Image: tumblr_m9fcj7OEXZ1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_m8x1gpE1II1qggipfo1_500.png]
I fell in love with the tv-show Motorcity two months ago, and it made me a bit more interested in drawing cars. Although I learned some new neat things by drawing these, I think I'll use photographic references next time.
[Image: tumblr_m8jq5zdEHT1qggipfo1_500.png]
A study I did in July, it was a fun study but I soon realized that if I should use digital software when doing still life studies from "reality" I better go buy a cintiq or something similar.
[Image: tumblr_m8hi9iCTvl1qggipfo1_500.png]

And lastly, a bunch of process shots from my anatomy studies I did today:
[Image: tumblr_macuvcU0im1qggipfo1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_macuvcU0im1qggipfo2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_macuvcU0im1qggipfo4_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_macuvcU0im1qggipfo6_r1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_macuvcU0im1qggipfo9_r1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_macx9epomg1qggipfo3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mad0en8oyK1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mad0en8oyK1qggipfo2_1280.png]
i like how you used the Batmobile as a reference in all of your cars, i can see bits and pieces of the batmobile in alot of them

keep up the hard work
(09-15-2012, 08:23 AM)Glasya Wrote: i like how you used the Batmobile as a reference in all of your cars, i can see bits and pieces of the batmobile in alot of them

keep up the hard work

Everything I draw is batmobile my dear
the studies and environment work is certainly coming along! cool sb!
(09-15-2012, 08:37 AM)FOERVRAENGD Wrote:
(09-15-2012, 08:23 AM)Glasya Wrote: i like how you used the Batmobile as a reference in all of your cars, i can see bits and pieces of the batmobile in alot of them

keep up the hard work

Everything I draw is batmobile my dear

ofcourse not, thats silly
am talking about the cars only,like the roof here or the sides there
Doing some facial studies and also some small character design, inspired by african tribes.
[Image: tumblr_mbqzfa10gs1qggipfo1_500.png]
I watched the movie "Redline" last friday, wich inspired me to draw some vehicles. Although I don't really find any of these designs having that much logic behind them. At least I got some bad ideas out of my bran so I get room for the better ones for later.
[Image: tumblr_mbwkq0MdOI1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mbwkl10MXq1qggipfo1_1280.png]
15 minute self portrait sketch.
Much much much awesomnessss xd

30 minute speed painting study.
[Image: tumblr_mccxitnESr1qggipfo1_500.png]
Reference:
[Image: tumblr_mccxitnESr1qggipfo2_500.jpg]
Here's some character thumbnails and sketches that I worked on today.
I wanna do more concept stuff, and also draw more dinosaurs. So why not combine them both??
[Image: tumblr_mcekztAwm61qggipfo1_1280.png]