Gulp86’s Sketchbook
Hi everyone, I am new to the site. Thought I would share my sketchbook art for advise and progression.

About me: I just turned 36 last week and for the last 3 months I started to focus on getting better with my art so I starting from the beginning with the fundamentals. 

I’ve been fumbling around and procrastinating with art all my life but never sat down and focused on it until now, so I’ve enrolled onto online classes (Schoolism), a life drawing class and now on here to improve.

Goals: to be confident in my art, I love animation concept art, visual development (character, environment and prop design) . So if I could hit that level at some point in my life that would be amazing.

I work full time to pay the bills for my family, so I’m trying to get into a good routine with drawing everyday in the early mornings before work, evenings and weekends when I’m free. 

Excuse some of my art it is really sporadic stuff haha.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi and welcome to CD

Hope your studies go well...looks like you've already got a good start

Keep posting so we can watch you grow

Thanks Jephyr :) 

Here is my latest work on form shapes in a spatial direction and drawing negative space around objects. 

I need a lot more practise on my ellipses and better penmanship in my lines.

I created a daily drawing work timetable to keep me focused, which is currently:

- line and shape warm up (10 mins)
form shapes in spatial direction (15 mins)
- perspective drawing (20 mins)

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook | Instagram

"Drawing is the honesty of art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad." - Salvador Dali