Crimson CHOW #36 - Alien Top Gun

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, CBinnsIllustration

Crimson Character of the Week #36
Alien Top Gun

"Alien Top Gun. A suave and cocky alien ace fighter pilot. Cool to the bone with a weakness for down and out barmaids."

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Saturday, May 14th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
Gonna have some fun with this one. A rough concept of this one so far. I’m thinking a more sci-fi comic cover style perhaps this time round.

Saturday doodle day continues with some tightening up on this one. Might even start some color today.

Lock up your daughters and hide ya wives, Captain Zepp and his 3 fingered philandering ass is on the prowl! I may have had a little too much fun with this one but I’m not sorry :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't really have many ideas for this tbh. It's hard because I feel like an alien would just as likely be a mollusk as a humanoid, but I have to make him hot. but I'm not gonna let you do another one alone, CBinns, even if I have to post trash lol.

I'm probably going to redraw just the guy with no background at a lower angle, I think that would actually look really cool. I wish I had time to paint a whole scene though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey there’s no reason you couldn’t have drawn a hot mollusk! I’m sure there is a sexy mollusk out there somewhere in the vastness of space. HA! glad you are joining in Joseph, great start with the piece so far