Poll: Who created the best Bone Weaver?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CBinnsIllustration
25.00%
2 25.00%
Damien Levs
0%
0 0%
Lege1
0%
0 0%
RottenPocket
50.00%
4 50.00%
TrashPanda
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #51 - The Bone Weaver - FINALS
Crimson Character of the Week #51
»The Bone Weaver «

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Monday, May 20th, 2024 @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
CBinnsIllustration

Great looking pieces all! Nice to see so much participation lately it’s awesome.

I’m calling mine finished too. Decided to keep it full book cover format to let him breath. I had fun with this guy and my harshest art critic (my 7 year old daughter)  told me it’s all done, and she’s the boss lol.

I present my Necromancing Owl :

He devours their flesh right done to the bone,
But that which remains now serves as his drone.
They fester in pellets until ready to pop,
As the seventh sun rises they’ll sprout from their slop.

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
DamienLevs:

Looking good guys.

----

Ok, i'm calling it. I'd like to make many changes here. I'd probably take it digital frrom here to correct things. I'm simply not going to have time due t owork and child. A few things that bother me in this are her right (our left) forearm is far too long. Also the tree that frames the left doesnt run straight up from the ground plane. It's growing at nearly a 45 degree angle. Ha, oh well. Aside from that I wish I could have really taken more time to have a neater image, although I do kind of like the chaos/energy of it. Not that, that excuses my lack of practice.

Maybe, the next CHoW will turn out better. I'd like to keep doing these for the practice.

Thanks, it's been fun and educational.

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
Lege1:

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
RottenPocket:

I wouldn't call it done, but I am done with it.

I definitely started off sketching more with a character sheet in mind, not with a background. Trying to incorporate a background after the fact was a chore. I'll keep the linework saved and maybe develop her more another time - I've fallen into a habit of minimizing my lines to outlines. I find I'm not pushing the drawing further than I used to, and then I'm not really following form as much when I'm painting. Because I paint with washes, it still come out pretty flat so i overdo the highlights. I'm aware - just tired and noting for next time  Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
TrashPanda:

Im also calling it done for now.
Learned a lot and had plenty of fun with the theme.
I origanally planned to have a painted finish but my
painting skills are too limited so I chose the base color + ink version.
The flow of the smoke in the composition can be more thought out
but for this I would need a clear environment concept.

Thanks for the motivation during the process guys!

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY FROM:

DARKTISTE:

This one is a hard one

JOSEPHCOW:

dang you guys these are all good! I'm going to have a hard time voting

DAMIENLEVS:

@TrashPanda I really like this! It looks like it could be an illustration in a book. I really dig the neutral colour palette!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
CBinnsIllustration: Really great final and mood and atomosphere of this piece really great along with the concept. The cool environment color palette really sets the piece off and with having the warmer tones on the character and character elements, great way of using color to emphasize focal points.

DamienLevs: Big congrats on making the final and great work! I really love the overall aesthetics of your image and feel it came out great with the ink and graphite approach; very comic esque and very cool.

RottenPocket: Really great job again and very impressive on you get your work looking so traditionally done. The pale coloring along with how you used your values really work great for this piece. Awesome character design all day!

TrashPanda: Big congrats to you as well for making it into the finals and what an a very different and awesome final. You have a very unique and signature illustrative style going on here that I think you should definitely continue on with. I like this minimal approach.

*Great job all and I hope everyone is as excited as I am to move on to the next round. Lets keep the creative fire burning! 100  Bomb

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
CBinnsIllustraion - Really dig this. I love that you went for more of an animal character rather than more human. Owls are representative of knowledge and wisdom, which I think works well for the theme. That volumetric lighting looks incredible.

Lege1 - Great tribal looking character, I like how he looks like he's doing some sort tribal summoning dance. Great use of the magical effect.

RottenPocket - Your anatomy is on point and that design is absolutely stellar!

TrashPanda - I really like this illustration. It's both bold and subtle, while invoking a feeling of mysticism. Very simple and very effective.

This has been soo much fun. Roll onto the next one :) Great job folks.

May the force be with you!

WE DEFINITELY HAVE A DOMINATE WINNER HERE! BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO:

@ROTTENPOCKET

Great illustration work showcasing solid anatomy, costume design, and over all aesthetics; making for a great character design.

Feel free to choose the next topic and message me if you'd like me to create the next challenge thread for you, or you are free to take the torch and light the way yourself. Great work again and we are all looking forward to your topic idea and new challenge.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
[Image: U53BiJ.gif]
Great work everybody! I think we all learned a little more from our work in this challenge. I am going to sit on this for about a Day longer and come up with something, but it will orbit around a Portfolio Piece for you to add to your repertoire. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(05-28-2024, 05:02 AM)RottenPocket Wrote:
[Image: U53BiJ.gif]
Great work everybody! I think we all learned a little more from our work in this challenge. I am going to sit on this for about a Day longer and come up with something, but it will orbit around a Portfolio Piece for you to add to your repertoire. 

Congratulations! It was definitely deserved. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Would love to take part again!