Jomy’s Sketchbook
Okay, so apparently this is where I should post my work:) 

These are just some digital/traditional sketches I’ve been doing lately. Most of them are for a current project of mine. I am illustrating The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Just for myself though, I plan to use it in my portfolio for a local art university. Will be painting the cover in oils and many gouache interior illustrations. The czech writing on the cover sketches just means The Name of the Rose:)

Alright, am probably going to check out what amazing stuff is everyone else doing around here. 

Will be posting more stuff soon

Take care everyone

Attached Files Image(s)

Oooh I love the Name of the Rose! I was also once thinking of doing illustrations of it. His writing is so descriptive it really conjours images. I was going to start with the monastery exterior, but his descriptions were honestly so specific that it felt too hard to get right. Your sketches for it look great so far, though. You've inspired me to do my own one day.

What a style! Very dense and dark mood, I like it a lot. I love the Bernard Gui portrait, he's got a lot of character, the brush strokes are very pleasing to the eye

Even though I never read the book, I'm very much looking forward to discovering the following pieces of drawing & painting.

You never know, when you finish the paintings you could even give Folio Society a call.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida