Safria's Sketchbook
So I'm going to an art school but I kind of dislike how a lot of the teachers don't give a lot of feedback! So if anyone has any critique or think something is off in my drawings please tell me.

Final for one of my drawing classes
Painting Final
Metal study
[Image: tumblr_m3ozlhTQDX1qg6z7go1_1280.png]

Trying to apply what I learned
Going to post more tomorrow since I've been doing some figure drawings and I haven't scanned them yet.

Man I am a butt! I totally meant to post these figures earlier but I keep getting distracted. I really need to focus in on my art and push past this damned art block. I have a few other drawings I've been working on but it's mainly just for a commission and some gestures.

wow these are really nice, you're really skilled

lets both work hard on our way to stardom \0/
Thanks man! I'm not that skilled, I have a long way to go.
Heck yeah lets be the best we can be \m/
Hey Safria,
nice start you have here!
Nice figure studies.

And there is no such thing as art block, just sit there and drawn and don't worry about the outcome :)

Thanks for the feedback on my thread! My faces are really falling appart, but my focus is to fix them now, so thats is where I am focusing. Going to pay more attention to alignments!

Thanks Ursula.

Yeah I guess. I just need to try to work past this "all the art I do now is shit" phase lol

No problem! I know I always welcome help since I sometimes can't actually see what's wrong. From your other work that you have in there I know you'll fix up your faces so they are all good.

I tried to do a cloud study to help a commission I'm working on. All I have to say is, DANG clouds are tough! I noticed that I need to work on my concentration since I sadly worked on this the whole day on and off.

This is a WIP of a bust I'm doing for my figure sculpture class. I know the shoulders are weird (I'm trying to save clay right now). Sadly it doesn't look much like the figure but hey at least it looks like a person!
Technically this is my homework for school, though I added a couple Loomis heads in the 2nd one. Going to try to do some muscle studies of the head later on.
Hour or so study done while listening to Dave on the stream. I'm going to work on it more tomorrow if my cat doesn't mess it up. I'll take a picture just in case though,
I have one more class to work on this. It kind of looks like the model. Thankfully I was able to fix some things on it today and realize what parts were kind of off.
Been dealing with a lot of stress. This is the finished sculpture. The bit of paper towel in the back of the head is cushioning the ponytail. I realize now that I made many mistakes to create a likeness but the goal for the assignment was to get proportions and not a likeness. At least I see the things that are wrong with the piece so I hopefully wont do the same mistakes later on.
Just a quick update on my lack of activity. I was dealing with some family issues that are (as far as I know) getting better. Then of course my wrist starts hurting and a hurting wrist makes it hard to draw! I've been wearing a wrist brace for a while now but I fear that I might just have to go to a doctor before things get worse. I'm hoping that I will have some stuff posted by this weekend. I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. So yeah, apologies for being a horrible Dagger. I should have tons of drawings by now but I don't.

Here's an older sculpture from my class. It was done right after the bust.
really cool sculptures, looks like it could be a lot of fun to do. looking forward to more work.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲