Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: A vagabond's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
30 min speed paintin and trying to touch up on the rogue dude.Thanks for the advice Fennik, my nigga.
I love that sun
keep up with your sketches dude ! Try to spend a bit more time but working with bigger brushes. Most important is to get your idea, composition in place, with the main light source and main colors, it can be done really fastly, if the time is spent on thinking ! did you ever notice how real pros like wesburt, jason chan, craig mullins, etc, are quite fast at finishing their painting, but are really slow at putting strokes ! each one is important, and must be thought before puted on, but when it's painted, it won't be touched ! each stroke is useful ! keep it up !
finnished up the skull baddies and finally after some input decided on a thumb for Daredevil.Also a quick doodle.
there's a reason why it's called a comfort zone and why I shouldn't leave it,lol.I hate pink
a sketch to continue my voyage out of the comfort zone.Actually that sounds like a cool painting idea.Hopefully I'll start getting into studies tommorow too.

meanwhile chinese artists inspired sketch.Trying to figure out the design.Hopefully it'll tell what sort of character she is.
a bit of color studies and more refinement on the necromancer lady
roar colors
doodle
quick sketch for the next Dota tribute piece from what it seems to form a series .
about an hr.Study cuz my korean friend bitches at me for not doing enough of them.
Im having a horrible time trying to pinpoint where I went wrong as I progressed with this piece.Something feels horribly off anatomically but I can't figure out what it is for the life of me.I'd appreciate some dagger help with it .

1one is Before
2nd is after
doing some photo studies and adding a bit from myself.
now back to studying anatomy
some lifedrawings.Trying to emulate traditional media in PS is hard as shit and ironically you have less control than the real deal.
thank you for comment in my sb man, your last lifedrawing is very good but your still life seems rough, try brought it to better finish level, keep push it man
Couple of studies that went rogue
First off, if you thought of the bird coming out of the shadowy background for that figure study yourself - brilliant shit and I'm totally going to steal it from you somehow. :)

Second the best way I've found to emulate traditional media digitally is to grab a photo of a traditional drawing/painting of some artist you like try emulating that. Find brushes and textures that help you to achieve the look for that particular piece and start saving these techniques and brushes etc. for your future personal pieces.
More enviro sketches. I hope Mr Fren isn't too mad for me stealing his worms for color studies.
Hey, mate. It's a very cool sketchbook you have here. I like the mix of studies and imagination work ;3 Your values could use a little love but side of that reallty healthy stuff. Keep at it! :3
yeah I should do some studies about that soon.Thanks for commenting, cheers.
Some stuff from today's stream.

Bridget, Bridget everywhere !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13