Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Progress of a caricature painting of Anna Gunn (Skylar in Breaking Bad) for the last Sketchivist.com contest...and I won! even though it was the least participated contest so far I'm still chuffed :D
Nice job on these caricatures Angel, especially like the daenerys caricature a page back. You caught just the right amount of distortion and accentuated features without making her unrecognizable.
Awesome on getting the freelance work! I remember two years ago when i found this forum i was bedazzled by your black and white painting of the Lost in translation scene; Still GAGA over your work! AWESOME!!!
Good to see you posting again, missed your fun caricatures.
Thanks so much Dennis! :D I'm not entirely happy with the Daenerys pic but I'm glad she's recognisable! I think I'm going to keep the distortion and just repaint the sketch. Cheers

Thanks Fedodika!!! :D :D

Thanks Cracked! Nice to see you too! I will try and post more, I forgot my password for a long time :)
Ever closer....
Finished line-art for my first freelance assignment with this company...
A little doodle....
Uuuuuuuuuuuummmm...
So... Uuuuh. I'm in absolute shock for not having visited your sketchbook before, Angel! What the hell is wrong with me!! I've missed out on _so_ much good stuff! Well I only have myself to blame and this is my punishment!

I couldn't help but go through your sketchbook from page one man. I love what you wrote on page 1 - "the heart wants what the heart wants" - and to be honest, you can really tell when an artist is enjoying what they're doing because their work shines... That's how I see your caricature work. Its awe-inspiring to witness an artist that knows what they like and aims focuses on _that_

The Miley Cyrus, Mel Gibson, Cara Delevigne, Kristen Stuart, Kill Bill and Dan Radcliffe pieces are my faves ! I'd by prints of these in a heartbeat at a con.

There's something different about the way you draw your caricatures, please, never stop!

Thanks for sharing x:
*runs away drooling*
Hi Angie

I'm pleased to see your updates. You keep pn posting good stuff. Caricatures are always fresh and nice to see.
Congrats on winning this contest :D That site has quite high level !

keep up :D
Hi smrr! Welcome and wow! Thank you, I'm really touched and pleased you like my work and can see that in it :D I'd totally forgotten what I'd written on page 1, thanks for reminding me, I might put it on my wall as a reminder when I feel a bit bogged down. :D You've got quite an impressive sketchbook too, I'll enjoy having a browse with a brew over the next few day and i notice you're doing a Crimson Chow challenge, excellent, I might have a go in between projects. Thanks again. :D

Zou! Hello, thanks for dropping by and for the comments as always :D I'm hoping to hang around here more often.

----

Update. 

Finished the colour on the commission

Derren brown pencil sketch and a Photoshop caricature of french actress Audrey Fleurot...
I havnt looked at your thread in a little while I guess. That ink of the dog is really impressive. Glad to see you still around.
Thanks Adam :D and thanks so much for stopping by :D

---------

Some sketches...I was in a comedy song mood...Garfunkel and Oates and Reformed Whores. 

...and a Christina Ricci for this weeks facebook contest...
Your caricatures are a blast, man. Keep up the great work!
Thanks Bookend! Will do :D

Progress on Christina...
finished....this one didn't hit the spot either, I think I need to take a break from painting caricatures and do some studies and exercises for a while.
Fresh and Active as always :D

good job and let us know if you won other contest :)
Cheers zou :D will do!

--------------

updaaaate!

A digital sketch paintover for an oil painting of a sleeping fairy I did years ago, it's quite big and I was mainly using it for practice, but I'm going to finish it by putting a sleeping wolf round her so I can give to my friend who wanted it back before I finished it.

..and a digital caricature of Emilia Clark for this weeks Caricaturama 3000 painted in 2-3 hours, trying to keep it fresh...
A caricature sketch of Sheldon for this weeks Caricaturama...and a doll I knitted of my friend as practice for some eventual knitted caricatures...
WIP of Sheidon, a young Patti Smith sketch, a sketch of Pau Gasol for Caricaturama 3000 aaaaand...

...a finally finished Comicbookgirl19 caricature... [EDIT: totally haven't, am working on it though, just wasn't happy with it yet]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16