Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Danjez

Got a bit carried away doing sketches

[Image: bimsnMZ.jpg]
[Image: 562628_10200646342988504_1318383711_n.jpg]

trying out what this looks like. Him climbing up from the mountain. Im not happy with it yet though. :) Thanks !

lucas ps

(04-11-2013, 06:22 AM)Leyth Wrote: [ -> ]Well... Did some thumbs for the golem, all of them are basically made of leather filled with water and bronze tubes.

I think 'm gonna work on 7 or 3 they seem interesting to me ^^

Dude! I'm digging your stuff! It's looking great so far, can't wait for a more developed version

CUKIERASS

so much great work all!

I did another small study

[Image: kl1190cz1050cy_zpsdc9e8ed1.jpg]
Studies and stuff.
[attachment=20286]
another few sketc for the pose...
should start the golem...Stupid
btw it's a crystal-gem sorcerer...an alchemyst or something like that...

Max La

Studies of the surface

Max La

More surfaces!
Hey everyone!

Another update on my stuff, hope I'm doing it right.. when Dave and Dan mention that they'll be looking at the studies - does it mean what is posted in here? Or must we post em somewhere else later too?

Anyways put together some more refs for the corals.. unsure whether to go with a very vibrantly colored coral golem or something more washed out at this point.

Also done some more character exploration and composition thumbs for the final too.. going to try for a triangle composition this time which I'm quite new to.

Great stuff by everyone too by the way, lots of really creative ideas - loving the dream ones :D

[attachment=20198]
[attachment=20199]
[attachment=20200]
Bloodsports studies

[attachment=20205]

Durandal

Thumbnails, a study, and some work in progress.

[attachment=20209]

[attachment=20210]

[attachment=20211]
Guys, I could really use some help here. I cant define the character enough, I think its because of the values, but if i go darker I am in pure black, if i turn it up it looks to pink'ish. What can I do?

[Image: 7ajKKPW.jpg]
[Image: 733990_10200649346343586_499416391_n.jpg]

Here are my compositional studies for my bloodsports entry. Because my Golem is related or connected to a dwarf i wanted to put them in that mountanous landscape so that it would correlate to the dwarf ( because dwarves are normally associated with the mountains and rocks and mining ) Also the golem will be an earthly rock golem which the dwarf controls with a shard of its magic rock, i will be adding design elements to the dwarf such as bags of dirt and minerals again so that it connects with the golem more, his staff will be the so called "Shard" i was talking about. I think i will also add some rocks and necklaces.

Thats my idea now and my compositional sketches, i went with number 4 because i think it produced the most interesting visuallly pleasing comp to the eye.

Thankyou very much and amazing work everyone !

-Sam

p.s i didnt draw anything spectacular for the compositional studies because i didnt think it was nescesary, a few scribbles does the job for me just so i know what im doing lol. Thanks.
Wolf studies, armor for my summoner, and line work to the two of them running together. Next up is the fun stuff.
[Image: run.png]
[Image: Armors_Design_April_10_2013.png]
[Image: Wolf_Sketches_April_10_2013.png]

Leyth

(04-11-2013, 10:16 AM)lucas ps Wrote: [ -> ]Dude! I'm digging your stuff! It's looking great so far, can't wait for a more developed version

Thank you man ^^ glad you like it ^^

Here i go ..I guess That would be enough with the sorcerer design ... now i guess i have a clear idea what i have to study .. mostly drapery and metal " i've done a translation mistake before it's copper i guess not bronze" and fur and leather for the golem .. i may need to do a or some water studies too.

[attachment=20232]

Max La

One more landscape.Since the main characters will occupy the main space, and all will take place in the desert, not quite sure how to make this landscape,of the structures covered with the sand , discreet but at the same time interesting.

DarioJ.

Hey guys,

Good job everybody. I am amazed by your talent and ideas.

Also, I think it's time for me to post some progress.

If you have seen my first post where I have posted body and face exploration for my character I have decided with which kind of body I will go for. As you can see in picture below I decided to go with combination of body 2 and 4. For the face I decided number 3 beacuse it's more manlike and I think that is direction I need to go.

[attachment=20237]

After combining body one, two and the face I ended with body as shown below. Also in this picture I decided to explore some poses.

[attachment=20238]

Below is finished art of my character. In this piece I didn't yet decide what kind of clothing he would wear so I put him in pants for around the house.

[attachment=20239]

And some clothing designs.

[attachment=20240]

So, this is it from me. I will explore clothing some more and after that it's golem time Insane, ecstatic

Thanks.

Max La

Some more studies and i think i am ready to start the final image.
I've begun working on my illustration, and in a moment of madness I decided to try a completely new approach, inspired by Alex Negrea's massive and educational 3,5 hour video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKZCCQFKS8 (I watched all of it..), I wanted to try some of the clever techniques he employs! So here I am struggling madly with lineart, lasso tool and painting things on seperate layers.. The WIP looks like ass at the moment, but I shall not give up haha..

WIP:

[attachment=20277]

Study:

[attachment=20278]
I went for a nature golem, this is were iam right now but havent really started on the character and i tink my golem is a bit boring have too think of some more original stuff :D.

[attachment=20280]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12