Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[Image: 902862_10200651636520839_817315414_o.jpg]

Studys !!

So i did a few studys here, was very helpful in knowing how lights and darks work on these so that i can incorporate it into my painting. I gotta finish the gold armour study and then do some more studys for things then i will be ready to render my painting.

Thanks everyone.

-Sam

Ioan Chirita

2 sketches for the gypsy sorcerer
Here's a yesterday take on the witch.

[Image: 10_04_13_witches_design_by_mateusrocha-d61cktg.jpg]

-

And I was wondering: I'm doing some studies of other people work, to understand water/blood and make my own blood golem. So, do I post the studies here too? Most of them are from google images and I didnt get the source.
You guys are incredible! Very inspiring to see the progress of all of you :) powerful stuff!

OK. Another huge dump. I don't know why I don't update daily anymore since it would be so much easier but you know... w/e. The progress of this thing is coming along somehow. Still don't have a clear idea in mind but in general it's a steampunk with a possible mix with post apocalyptic scene kinda thing. So, more character, golem designs, possible poses for the scene, some color palettes for the outfit (still don't know if it will be a dude or chick tho) some composition thumbs (i marked the things i like with red) and of course some studies. That's pretty much it for now. I ought to go to sleep now.

more character exploration
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo3_1280.jpg]

Golems:
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo4_1280.jpg]

Possible poses:
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo7_1280.jpg]

Composition thumbs:
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo1_1280.jpg]

Studies:
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo8_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo5_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ml4lxsS09H1rlavnuo9_1280.jpg]

PotterStevenson

Is any 3D modeling allowed or is 2D a requirement? Haven't participated in any of the bloodsports challenges and I have an idea I think would be great for this competition. If I can I would like to use some 3D elements as a base to illustrate on.
Wow, so much progress already! I need to get going :O

My idea is that there's a kid in a junk/cyber-punk setting that can control tech garbage with his mind. Not telekinesis but through a hacked together suit and helmet design that collects junk circuit boards, wires and bits of conductive material to manifest his Golem.

Next step is exploring silhouettes and do some studies of chunky kids and tech garbage. Hopefully then I'll get some sort of idea where to go from there.

[attachment=20314]

[attachment=20315]

DarioJ.

Some progress,

I have started to design a golem thingy. This is what I got so far.

[attachment=20321]
Oh man, so many amazing stuff guys, I love seeing everyone's ideias :D

Some studies, staffs and the golem (still not sure about that piece of cloth..it looks kind of ridiculous XD). He has a broom arm and he sweeps people with it, because why not.

[attachment=20322]

[attachment=20323]

DarioJ.

(04-13-2013, 03:06 AM)gravity-zero Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man, so many amazing stuff guys, I love seeing everyone's ideias :D

Some studies, staffs and the golem (still not sure about that piece of cloth..it looks kind of ridiculous XD). He has a broom arm and he sweeps people with it, because why not.

Hahahahaha, broom arm is superb idea :-D Also, I think you should lose the cloth. If I may say, I would go with cloth rags on him or maybe cloth scrolls.

Thanks for sharing your work :-)

Leyth

well worked a bit on the golem ..I guess now it's time for some studies ^^ (I mean Golem in the image i wrote gnom ^^ )
[attachment=20324]
[Image: 904432_10200655815665315_121123474_o.jpg]

So i finalised my composition and did this to see how it looks, opinions ?

And i am so stoked at the level of design in this bloodsports, its my first one and there is no way i can win haha.. All of your designs are awesome !!

Thankyou !

-Sam

actually i dont know why im saying that, im not here to win, im jus here to learn and to listen and to meet and talk with you awesome people so i can grow into a great artist like all of you guys. Thanks ! :D
(04-12-2013, 04:29 PM)PotterStevenson Wrote: [ -> ]Is any 3D modeling allowed or is 2D a requirement? Haven't participated in any of the bloodsports challenges and I have an idea I think would be great for this competition. If I can I would like to use some 3D elements as a base to illustrate on.

You can do it with 3D. The bloodsports, although it is a "contest", just by participating you're already winning. Think of it as a way of improvement. Of course, it would be awesome to be on the top 3 to get some crits...

If you do 3D then illustrate on it, it's pretty valid if you did all by yourself.

-

So here's the blood golem studies I made from other artists. Just google water elemental/golem and you'll find it.

[Image: 12_04_13_allbloodgolemstudies_by_mateusr...61h224.jpg]

And now I'll be doing some of my own design. I intend to do something like the 3 on the top.

OnyxGiant

so here is my initial rough exploration for the summoner and a bit of ref. my theme was going to be Ice and Nordic origin. had an idea that the summoners strength is something that transfers to the golum he summons.

[attachment=20335]
[attachment=20334]

suursoo

Hello all!

This is my first participation in a Blood Sports. And I confess that I am impressed with the studies posted here.
Well...

My suggestion will be to create a kind of sorcerer who has the ability to walk through the "empty" thru portals mystics. And your golems are nothing more than the remains of other golems destroyed and abandoned in the eternal void.

So let's see my stuff!

References:
[Image: CD_refers.jpg]

Some type golems:
[Image: CD_refers_3.jpg]

...and my supost sorcerer:
[Image: CD_refers_2.jpg]

Feel free for any coments!

keep walking!

Feohria

Wow, :) I really like the ideas and many concepts you guys have come up with.
They are so creative and many of them already look so cool!!

I've been stalking the Bloodsport challenge since previous ones and I really want to join every time! :) Luckily, I finally have enough time to join this one and I'm really excited. I don't expect for winning but it's really fun and good motivation for practicing. All in all, it's good to do!

- -

My main idea for this is water element, and I want to make simple generic idea to be something differently and unique. It sounds confusing ! I know lol.
So here is my references and brainstorm ideas.

[attachment=20336]

I'm interested in many fascinating things like their forms and colours in the ocean for example; fish, jellyfish, coral, liquid shape of water itself, fish skeletons etc.. My original idea is I want to create the golem which held together by ocean elements included water in solid form itself too.

Here is some of studies I have done, it's not enough I know because so many things I want to add in the characters and creatures, I will try to update more study soon.

[attachment=20337]
[attachment=20338]

For the concepts of character, I want to do elf because it's my favorite, and there are many generic appearance to depict "elf race", I want to make a new design that it's unique and different from elf we have seen usually. ( I hope I can ) especially when they have water element.

Here are the thumbnails of outfit designs

[attachment=20339]

So here I've got 6 ones to pick with their inspiration and main ideas.
1: Jellyfish 2: Fish 3: Fish skeleton and seaweed 4: Drop of water (doesn't work! lol)
5: Coral 6: Mixed elements from ocean.

[attachment=20340]

I picked no. 2 which I think the shape of design looks better than others and it's easy to notice from the outfit that it's related to water, fish-like and fins etc.

For the design of character appearance, I'm still working on it. I decided to work on the golem first so that I can get some influence ideas for the character later on.

Here is the thumbnails for the creature (golem)

[attachment=20341]

Here are ones I picked and some refined more details
I chose no. 4

[attachment=20342]

Here is the compared scale for the sorcerer and the golem

[attachment=20343]

There are a lots more to do like studies , character , equipment and the detail design of golem ( I want it to look better and unique so it maybe has a lots of changes..for now it looks to sharky! lol)
I will update more soon and I hope I can finish in time!! ^^

Good luck everyone ! <3
abit of studys and idea sketches for my golem
[attachment=20344]
I'm behind, worked on colour and value sketches of the two compositions I like the most. Time to get on with some studies and I think that'll determine which one I go for (whether or not I can paint dust devils and molten glass convincingly enough I reckon ;))
yaaay...eye killer studies Stupid
fun!

kamibob

Deep Sea necromancer just working on silouettes for him right now.
gonna make a bunch of these.
[attachment=20361]

Danjez

Golem sketches, went with the sapling girl idea

[Image: MIxLq2f.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12