Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Devin's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Really inspiring stuff Devin. Even if the pieces appear rough, they seem to have a lot of thought and observation put down behind them! I like all the little hints of hues spread around. It's bold experimentation in exchange for more life in your paintings.
I guess I'd love to see more illustrations and such! If that's what you're into of course :P
Thanks Bjulvar. I want to do more illustrations too! I definitely need to practice doing more finished work.

[Image: skullstudy101.jpg]

[Image: chainlink.jpg]
Beauties!
I dig it.
Thanks guys! Quick study:

[Image: hellooks2.jpg]
Very painterly made marks. I enjoyed your landscapes and head/facial studies.
thanks!

[Image: skullstudy102-9.jpg]
[Image: skullstudy103.jpg]
[Image: rocks3-2.jpg]
I've been working hard on learning perspective fundamentals this week, I don't really have anything interesting to show yet. Here's a few anatomy studies I did in between to target some more of my weaknesses:

[Image: anatomysheethands.jpg]

[Image: humerusbicepsscapula.jpg]
[Image: statuestudy2.jpg]
Lovin' these studies. Even in a rough form they read so well. Can't wait for your next update.
thanks man!!

Only had time for a block in with this one before I completely lost the light:

[Image: skullstudy104.jpg]
[Image: skullstudy105.jpg]

mikeorion22

fantastic brushwork it adds a lot of life to your work, is it all photoshop?
Very nice studies!
Great studies man, love what you're doing with your edges. Looks great. Keep it up :) Might be cool to see a little more imaginative work, but that's all. Nice one dude.
Thanks guys :D Yup, all photoshop.

Jake, I know I agree haha. In an effort to get more comfortable with it, I've been participating in the spitpainting group on facebook, where there's daily topics and a 30 minute time limit. Having something worth showing in 30 minutes is probably equally out of my comfort zone as spending hours and hours on something so I think they've been good to do. Here's a couple from the past two days:

Death Knight
[Image: deathknight.jpg]

The Bluest Hair
[Image: thebluesthair.jpg]

I posted Dead Sun a few pages back I think.

and here's a couple of WIPs and another hand study:

[Image: troll4.jpg]

[Image: robe.jpg]

[Image: handstudy2.jpg]
I love coming back here to see what gold nuggets you've left for us :D
Your understanding of form is beeee-aaaaaay-uuuuuuutfil!!

can't wait for more ⊙▽⊙
thanks smrrfette :D

some quick color studies:

[Image: asarostudy5.jpg]

[Image: asarostudy6.jpg]

[Image: asarpstudy4.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15