Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Corrales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Kit Fisto
Is this a WIP? Because I think you could strengthen the values more with that last one.
(05-11-2014, 06:38 AM)StardustLarva Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a WIP? Because I think you could strengthen the values more with that last one.

It was a speedpaint to celebrate may 4

Some stuff
Nice stuff! I think you should keep it up with sticking with a reference when you paint. I also think you would benefit from focusing some on cleaner brush strokes. It's something I struggle with too, and I find the videos on the ctrlpaint website a very useful tutorial. I recommend checking out the ones on brush controls and following the exercises.
Some sketches, I've been a little lazy ...dammit
Some sketches
Definitely use some reference like mentioned before. Also, mix in some hard, sharp edges like in one of your monster sketches. Hard and blurry edges are just like different colors or brush strokes in a painting - they convey messages. Everything in an image is parts to be used - even the placement and the way it will be displayed in a website if it's intended for a website (such as a portfolio site, or a client's page). So think about what each parts do and you can use them!
(06-20-2014, 12:15 PM)meat Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely use some reference like mentioned before. Also, mix in some hard, sharp edges like in one of your monster sketches. Hard and blurry edges are just like different colors or brush strokes in a painting - they convey messages. Everything in an image is parts to be used - even the placement and the way it will be displayed in a website if it's intended for a website (such as a portfolio site, or a client's page). So think about what each parts do and you can use them!

Ok/Speedpaint
Alien
Dark Goblin
War elephant
Monster sketch and Andrew Loomis practice
keep up the loomis practice! its good for uuuu

welcome to the forums luma
Bounty Hunter
Gesture Practice
Dragonslayer
Some new studies
Diablo