Corrales
Smile 
Kit Fisto

Attached Files Image(s)

Is this a WIP? Because I think you could strengthen the values more with that last one.

Thumbs Down 
(05-11-2014, 06:38 AM)StardustLarva Wrote: Is this a WIP? Because I think you could strengthen the values more with that last one.

It was a speedpaint to celebrate may 4

Some stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice stuff! I think you should keep it up with sticking with a reference when you paint. I also think you would benefit from focusing some on cleaner brush strokes. It's something I struggle with too, and I find the videos on the ctrlpaint website a very useful tutorial. I recommend checking out the ones on brush controls and following the exercises.

Sad 
Some sketches, I've been a little lazy ...dammit

Attached Files Image(s)

Some sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Definitely use some reference like mentioned before. Also, mix in some hard, sharp edges like in one of your monster sketches. Hard and blurry edges are just like different colors or brush strokes in a painting - they convey messages. Everything in an image is parts to be used - even the placement and the way it will be displayed in a website if it's intended for a website (such as a portfolio site, or a client's page). So think about what each parts do and you can use them!

Focus.
(06-20-2014, 12:15 PM)meat Wrote: Definitely use some reference like mentioned before. Also, mix in some hard, sharp edges like in one of your monster sketches. Hard and blurry edges are just like different colors or brush strokes in a painting - they convey messages. Everything in an image is parts to be used - even the placement and the way it will be displayed in a website if it's intended for a website (such as a portfolio site, or a client's page). So think about what each parts do and you can use them!

Ok/Speedpaint

Attached Files Image(s)

Alien

Attached Files Image(s)

Dark Goblin

Attached Files Image(s)

War elephant

Attached Files Image(s)

Monster sketch and Andrew Loomis practice

Attached Files Image(s)

keep up the loomis practice! its good for uuuu

welcome to the forums luma