Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: James's Sketch Book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Landscape from the same area

[attachment=4738]
Character Designs

[attachment=4753]
Matte Painting

[attachment=4841]
Sketch Sorceress

[attachment=4856]
Nothing like some Wright to spruce up a sketchbook! ;)

You might want to add some effects at least (or maybe even add some tension to the pose?) to the sorcoress to suggest she uses / is using magic.

The matte looks good, though I'd suggest that you examine landscapes to get a better idea of the lighting scenario. At the moment the castle elements still look a little pasted in due to the lighting (the tower at least would probably catch some rim-lighting coming over the crest to the left), also, I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine the landscape is 3 elements (the nearby mountain, distant mountains and mid-ground forests being seperate elements?), if so a slight hue/value/sat adjustment might be needed to bring them into line with eachother.

Great work though, the paintings from life are excellent.
Thanks Mactire, will do

Goggles an Armor Studies

[attachment=4886]
Head Drawings from Workshop

[attachment=4898]

[attachment=4899]

[attachment=4900]
Oooh that first one is awesome man! Great work.
Thanks Ursala

Sketches

[attachment=4909]

[attachment=4911]

[attachment=4915]
ah - the sketches are wonderful - love how you catched the light and the dramatic pose in the lower right is just great.
Thanks Wolken

Architecture studies, put this in the need to improve list

[attachment=4954]
Great pencil studies! Love the body suit studies up there as well, would be cool to see some of your own interpretations of those.
Heads and armor sketches

[attachment=4967]

[attachment=4968]
Love your pencils man, digging the architetural stuff and the faces!
Thanks Ursala and Dennis,

Male Heads and soldier study

[attachment=5002]
Great face studies man, workin hard.
Thanks dennis

Figure drawings

[attachment=5033]

[attachment=5034]

[attachment=5035]
Woah there have been some serious steps forward since the last time I clicked through your sketchbook. Nice work! All of the character work on this page is really nice. I especially like the hindu influenced female character development sheet.
Thanks Pierce,

Creature sketch before going to bed

[attachment=5088]
Everyone is so good at pencil, i need to maybe do more traditional :(. Looking forward to see if you develop that sketch, looks like you could push a lot of those ideas in it.