Dailies
Daily quickies, from life, master and photo.

[Image: medly.jpg]
Master and Life

[Image: medly2.jpg]
Can't wait to see more, these are all great.

Thanks Ste!

K lets see,

Well I'm calling this done, don't like it much! The lack of colour is intentional.. was going for a sherlock holmes feels, didnt get it tho lol.

[Image: castle_in_the_sky_by_alextooth-d4pg2fc.jpg]

Couple o studies, a Thomas Moran & NC Wyeth, and some dumb landscape from memory

[Image: masterlands1.jpg]

[Image: wyethmaster.jpg]

[Image: landsmem1.jpg]

Couple of commissions i did about a year a go

[Image: alextoothmuseum.jpg]

[Image: alextoothruins.jpg]

Thought I'd add colour to an old drawing, experiment really with something different, eh why not ayyyy.

[Image: once_upon_the_sea_of_blissful_awareness_...4px4p2.jpg]

Some drawings, been watching the Dave Finch figure DVD, tbh I find the comic approach a bit easier and then add details like muscles on gesture, well cos whenever I study muscles I forget them.

These are just some drawings from comics and some imagination

[Image: sb1psd.jpg]

This is just imagination farts - I'm starting to think about creating a little world, I thought about my favourite things, like ghost in the shell, blade runner and akira type stuff. This is just meaningless doodles, but I want a cyberpunk feel with a slightly mystical thing going on, a bit like serial experiments Lain. I suck total ass at thinking of interesting ideas though so I think I'll ask a friend to help develop it in to something tangible!

[Image: IMG2.jpg]

This is some of the scanned stuff overlayed in photoshop just for fun really hehe. Bit like painting in numbers or colouring in a book as a kid, good fun! I want like, a military presence, but more "steet" characters and cyborg stuff dunno hehe.

[Image: IMG.jpg]

[Image: soldier.jpg]

[Image: kid.jpg]
Awesome stuff Alex! I just looked up Thomas Moran and NC Wyeth and those guys are pretty baller lol. I'm gonna have to do some studies of from them too haha
Hi Jamesty thanky! Yeah those guys are cool. Hope you learn something good :)

Starting a new regime of 1h of quickies and 1h of imagination, no ref open allowed! Concentrating on environments at the moment for some personal projects.

Photo studies, bottom one from imagination.

[Image: all.jpg]

Sargent watercolour studies, bottom 2 from imagination.

[Image: all2.jpg]

these quick studies you have going are really looking great. your colors are extremely pleasing to the eye.

if i were to say anything it would be to introduce some more lights and darks into the mix. only in a few places though. but i am sure you probably already know that.

now to be cliche....keep going!
nice enviros! Try doing some in B&W with focus on shape and composition, keep it up :)

Great work Alex, I love your Castle in the Sky image.

Thanks all <3!

Same again today 2 thomas cole studies, rest from imagination.

[Image: all4.jpg]

[Image: all3.jpg]

[Image: alextooth_storm_2.jpg]
update today 3x 20min dean cornwell

[Image: all5.jpg]

didn't really know how to "apply" what I learnt but came up with some odd designs

[Image: all6.jpg]

here's a painting im working on from a 3d base

[Image: p1.jpg]

long way to go but got the idea around how i wanted it.

[Image: p2.jpg]
2x 30min Gerome, one thing from memory, bleh

[Image: ger3.jpg]

[Image: des2.jpg]
Oh ! Impressive work in here. Great color use in your enviros especialy in the last one, very inspiring ! Cant wait to see more :)
Your so great Alex

AJCC - I like to do both! I like 20minute ones, I like 1hour ones, 2hour ones, some times I will spend 2-3days on one, like a still life. They all teach you different things. At the moment I am limiting my "study time" because I need to concentrate on other stuff. So I limit it to an hour or two a day. You learn how to paint quicker with the 20minute ones because you have to simplify and work out tricks to get the illusion of detail. This then feeds in to your longer work, and so everything becomes faster. Either way balance it all and don't just do quick OR long. Both ftw.

Heyheyhey.

Took a day off yesterday, saw John Carter, I loved much of the Art, mainly the environment stuff, especially some of the interiors. Must be a real skill knowing how to make them impactful on a huge screen, I noticed many simple shapes. I have a tendancy to just overdo stuff and I think for a lot of the cinematic stuff, less is more. It must be so awesome for the designers to see this stuff on the big screen, a real unique experience to see the work of your wacom and stylus that large. Any how I have ordered the Artbook and hope to see lots of goodies. I found the costume design pretty meh, standard mid eastern style decorative stuff, which is what I like but didn't find any of it very original. As a film, well I am indifferent - it was avatar, but not as annoying - very watchable. Some aspects reminded of the very first star wars film, it had "something" about it, like a collection of lots of little quirks and stuff which made it stand out somewhat from the pack of the films I've seen in the past year or so.

Lol, ok so this turned into a film review. Anyhoooo, I think either way if your an Artist in all these "entertainment" type fields, deffo worth checking out.

Today's stuff,

Caught up on yesterday's study, JC Leyendecker, 1h

[Image: line1.jpg]

Today's study 3x 20min Kandinsky

[Image: kanall.jpg]

Here's a funny chap I started, he's going to have some kind of electronic flying pet. I was thinking of the "Sci Fi Hunter with Pet" theme from an old challenge. But might do something else instead. This was originally meant to be applied for the Leyendecker but turned out a bit different, I learnt a lot in that little study though.

[Image: fatty1.jpg]

This is my Kandinsky inspired brain fartage

[Image: porty111me2rrrge.jpg]

[Image: porty111merrrge.jpg]
dude Mr.Tooth! Uv been hitting it hard recently. I love your choices of color. Cant wait to see more work from you. Good job, keep it up!

Thanks!

some updateage

mainly gestures

60sec

[Image: 60s_1.jpg]

[Image: 60s_2.jpg]

[Image: 60s_3.jpg]

[Image: 60s_4.jpg]

120sec

[Image: 120s_1.jpg]

[Image: 120s_2.jpg]

[Image: 120s_3.jpg]

180sec

[Image: 180s_1.jpg]

random crap from memory^^ mmm i don't do enough really :s i still don't know any anatomy after all this time, more memory more memory, apply n all that :)

[Image: CIMG2455.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2456.jpg]

quick studies

[Image: both.jpg]

[Image: p1-1.jpg]

[Image: stud1.jpg]

[Image: nude1.jpg]

[Image: nude2.jpg]

[Image: nude3.jpg]

2 new pics - really up for some ideas on how to improve and take them further!

[Image: AlexTooth_I_am_the_forest_AdobeRGB.jpg]

[Image: AlexTooth_SecretPlace_AdobeRGB.jpg]
Bit of an update - got some gestures and stuff of my friend from life, mixed in with a bit of Hampton anatomy.

[Image: lifed3.jpg]

[Image: lifed2.jpg]

[Image: lifed1.jpg]

[Image: lifed4.jpg]

[Image: lifed5.jpg]

New landscape painting, got a bigger one on DA if ur interested.

[Image: AlexTooth_Rakanji.jpg]
Great sb, man. I love that last one so much. And the museum piece from earlier with the dino skelly has great perspective. Keep it up!

www.jameszapata.com

Livestream screenname: jamesface
The last environment and the girl with flowers are absolutely fantascic! i think i would experiment with adding some wore flowers around her head, maybe tied different colors, but that's absolutely up to you of course. keep it up.