Robot Ghost Cop-asaurus Rex is the Name of This Sketchbook Thread
Just started a CA sketchbook, figured I would start one here too, to get twice the feedback, hopefully. I guess I'll just dump a bunch of stuff in here to kind of show where I stand at the moment. Critiques appreciated. Here goes:

It hurts to look at it. lol.
cool pencil sketches and awesome robots on the fifth image from the top)

Wow this is an amazing sketchbook!
Really like your creativeness and the details!

Gonna keep my eye on this SB ^^
(05-11-2013, 09:30 PM)SpectreX Wrote: Wow this is an amazing sketchbook!
Really like your creativeness and the details!

Gonna keep my eye on this SB ^^

Wow, thanks! I'm trying. Wish everyone were this easy to impress. lol

Sketchbook  :::  Site

[Image: tumblr_mrsghyZo121sfl5xpo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mrsg0izHsN1sfl5xpo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mrzn9vEfOq1sfl5xpo1_1280.jpg]

You are amazing sir!
Your linework is so exact and loose at the same time.
Those ballpoint sketches show so much potential and personal style.

Delicious :-)
Moaaar, please par gin!
Wow, thanks, constructicon! I'm glad you like them!

Woah your sketches are awesome!! I'm sure I'm not the only one to tell you this but there's a big difference in your drawing skills and your painting skills, but I can see you're already pushing yourself with the painting stuff. Keep at it man! You've got some crazy cool stuff!
Thanks!

Yeah, I keep hearing people saying they like my ballpoint pen stuff, but not so much my paintings. I guess I just sketch more than I paint. Less fuss. It's hard to find the time to sit down at the computer sometimes, you know?

Wow, so impressive! Loving all of it, really great work man! Everything is so creative, inspiring dude! And those ballpoint sketches.. just wow :P haha.. just going to leave this thread speechless now.

Taking the pen ones down! Haha. Really, though, thanks!

your linework is inspirational seriously, i need to learn to draw like that with a tablet. great job, keep going.
Ward, I'm no expert on lines, but it looks like you're off to a good start. I've just started this year really trying to make more confident lines on my tablet.

Scott Robertson's "How to Draw" book has some really good exercises for this toward the beginning, like just making a page full of parallel lines, making straight lines that intersect at one point, or throwing some points down on a page and then connecting two of them. Did any of that make sense?

As for curves, he recommends throwing some points down (three or more) and drawing a curve that touches all of them. There are more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. If I draw nothing else in any given day, I at least do these drills, because they're fast and easy.

Also, there's this: http://ctrlpaint.com/blog/improve-by-tracing
Matt Kohr just posted this about mastering lines on a tablet.

Hey Par Gin, I thought I'd drop back in here for another drooling (and for some serious inspiration!) and I thought I could give a suggestion.

Take this with a grain of salt because you're clearly miles above me but your digital paintings (Snow Golem, TNMN, Robots, Alien piece, etc) all look a little washed out. Like there's not enough contrast between the values and saturation. I popped some of the images into Photoshop and hit the Levels modifier to increase the darks and lights. The first robot was a good example, the yellows and oranges really contrasted against the blues, instead of all looking a bit washed out and blended together.

Just an observation anyway man, love love love the work!

Thanks for the critique! I know you're right. I just know I'm not happy with a lot of that earlier work. I just need to make new stuff that sucks less. Lol.