[Photoshop] Opacity x Flow brush setting
Hey guys!

So I was watching this last video Dave posted, and someone asked the difference between opacity and flow jitter/pressure setting. Since I had to a bit of research to actually find the answer to this one, I am sharing it here. Hopefully it will be useful for someone :)

Here.
[Image: opacityxflow.jpg]

On the first two brushstrokes, we have the same brush except for the way the pressure is applied. The first one it's set for opacity, second one for flow.

Let me try to explain.
When you do a brushstroke on photoshop, each brush tip is stamped in the path of your stroke, generating what you see above. When you vary opacity, the whole brushstroke is faded out at once. When you vary flow, it actually vary the intensity of each brush tip stamp individually - that's why I have this little zoomed in part. See each stamp the brush produced?

That effect is quite annoying on regular brushes for me, but its very useful for textures brushes like you see on the next set of strokes. Sometimes I even set my flow to little lower on the main settings of the brush just to get this extra texture going inside the brushstroke.

Hope that helped!
Any questions, I will try my best to answer them.

I'd either stick this thread or made a new section for tutorials (or something like that so it wouldn't sink too fast).

Just a suggestion for Dennis ;)

Made a tutorial section for you guys.