Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Walent's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Walent's sketchbook (/thread-1802.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Heavenwill - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 08:46 AM)walent Wrote: Oh well, if they really turn out like that maybe I'll post some photos.

I'd love to see that !

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 01-08-2013

A quick one for today, about 1,5 h

RE: Walent's sketchbook - bemota - 01-08-2013

MAN, nice textures! Maybe push the lighting a bit more and give contrast to the hard edges with soft ones?

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Annamoon - 01-08-2013

Nice predator, cool textures.

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 01-09-2013

(01-08-2013, 09:34 AM)bemota Wrote: Maybe push the lighting a bit more and give contrast to the hard edges with soft ones?
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Some studies from 2012:

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 01-14-2013

I had some commissions this week, so I had a little less time for personal stuff.
Here's what I managed to do:

RE: Walent's sketchbook - gdsworld - 01-14-2013

Nice work bro and thanks for stopping by. Its nice to hear that you're busy with your commission work. Keep it up!

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Zesiul - 01-14-2013

WOWWW!!! I am so happy I clicked your sketchbook!! Your works are phenomenal! Really really impressive stuff. I envy your skill. Keep at it!!

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Mr. Toodles - 01-14-2013

keep going son! this stuff is great

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Ioan Chirita - 01-15-2013

amazing work, Vlad !!!
foarte tare!

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 01-23-2013

I haven't had time to post anything in a while, had a very busy week since they haven't paid me at office since December 1st and I have to do all sorts of commissions, but I'm still trying to get some relaxing studies or some quick enviros...
Yesterday I couldn't even afford a subway trip. I almost forgot how that feels, and it sucks!

RE: Walent's sketchbook - iCi - 01-23-2013

I enjoyed every single post in this sketchbook. Great stuff, it's good you dropped those schools, don't ever stop doing art.

RE: Walent's sketchbook - skalien87 - 01-23-2013

Dude your works are totally awesome!! I love that your both environment and figure drawings have a very loose organic feel, even if there are man made structures. My only suggestion would be to work a little bit more in your focal points, so that the eye is fixed in a small part of the paintings, but that's just being nitpicky. Your works are awesome.
BTW, care to show a small process on you figure drawing, I actually have a lot of problems in that department and i love the way you render them.
Peace out.

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Mannequin - 01-23-2013

Ahhh~ watching some of your works really pleases the eye. It's probably because ot technique that You have. Sharp edges, good brushes and color picking.
From latest characters I like most that guy with mask on, You painted him different that the other models.
I'm predicting fast improvement by watching Yours pieces :)
Fingers crossed for You. I have similar situation as You if it goes for studies. I have my industrial design studies, but currently I'm deciding if I will continue. Hope I can decide soon.
But for sure, Your decision I support in 100%.

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 01-24-2013

Hey, thanks for all the great comments guys. Sure, I'll try posting some progress for my figure drawing if that helps.

Another quick break from all that exhausting work:
a concept that came through my mind as I was grabbing some snack, just like that, tornado prisons, imagine how cool it would be to actually control those nasty things

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Mannequin - 01-24-2013

This is some interesting idea heh ! Looking good :)

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Devil Glonk - 01-24-2013

man that last one is awesome! great work. :)

RE: Walent's sketchbook - walent - 02-10-2013

hey guys,

I haven't posted anything in a while, that's because I don't get enough time for personal stuff nowadays... my schedule got a lot more crowded, I wake up at 7 am
I started going to the gym, and, of course, I'm constantly trying to improve my painting skills.

RE: Walent's sketchbook - Nikt - 02-10-2013

Great environment

RE: Walent's sketchbook - gdsworld - 02-10-2013

Maaaaan! Those figures you just uploaded right at the end are simply phenomenal. Kick ass as usual.