Crimson Daggers — Art forum
BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: TOURNAMENTS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-71.html)
+--- Forum: THE CRIMSON CRUCIBLE (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-72.html)
+---- Forum: BLOODSPORTS FINALS/WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+----- Forum: BLOODSPORTS WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+----- Thread: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! (/thread-2783.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - lucas ps - 04-10-2013

(04-10-2013, 06:04 AM)atrenr Wrote: lucas I really like your idea so far, it's really cool!

I was thinking a snow/ice route with maybe a mountain dwarf/trollish summoner. We'll see~

thanks a lot Atrenr, yeah that's a cool idea! Is nice to have non-human sorcerers, you can ambient him into a cold enviro as well... too much great stuff

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - CUKIERASS - 04-10-2013

GReaT work All!

My idea = mentaly ill guy with ability to "summon his dreams "- somebody experimented on him to understand his "gift" and those experiments drove him crazy, and now he can't control form of what he summons. Some basic studies

[Image: aktormentalny_zps267340a2.jpg]
[Image: debilek_zps3a16d877.jpg]
[Image: studiummordek_zps2a0a4597.jpg]
[Image: leczenie_zpsf6883363.jpg]
[Image: pillowstudy_zps9c6c5104.jpg]
[Image: krliczy11-1.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Victor Quaresma - 04-10-2013

Hey guys! Awesome stuff going on around this round! so many original stuff! I myself am going with a route totally out of my comfort zone, desiging armors and shit, therefore i'm being punished XD

I didn't post until now cuz I wasn't liking it much, but I guess I won't post anything if I keep it like that, might as well receive some feedback before getting down.

Yesterday got the refs, did some initial lines and thumbs. Today I did some design studies (all of them are studies only, non of em is creation, just for the sake of not confusing anyone) and then some more late night silhouettes and line... Tomorrow I'll be doing tons more! Gotta get good at this ...

Concept Exploration so far

Design studies (copy and analyzing)

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - PTimm - 04-10-2013

hot damn there's way to much cool stuff goin on in here! here's a few comps i worked on tonight, was also thinking of making the giant spider out of a bunch of smaller spiders...maybe

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Kamiru - 04-11-2013

Wiiiiip:
[Image: ibjEjHFHCC99nA.jpg]

Study:
[Image: iRfNmE9UxLMyU.jpg]

I also did a crappy dress study, but I lost it...

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Lionsketch - 04-11-2013

Hi first time doing a Bloodsport and here is a sketch but i think i will do a new one for the final. :)

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Leyth - 04-11-2013

Hey everyone ,

SO much awesomeness's going here ^^

I'm trying to participate again .. hope I can finish this time ^^

So .. I thought of something inspired from my own culture, and so i chose The "Guerrab" the traditional Moroccan water seller to base my concept on .

Here is what they look like :

They typically wear a red costume with a colorful conic hat with furry balls hanged on it ..they carry the water in a kind of container made of goat's leather ( I'll base the Golem on this concept) they also carry a bell that they continuously ring to be noticed. ( I'm thinking the Bell's noise is the way the sorcerer will be controlling the golem )

I was thinking of not staying too close to the original look of a Guerrab but to take inspiration from other Arab costumes and some new fashion designs that goes along with my idea , and so i did some thumbs based on that .

Hope you you can help me choose from those thumbs ..personally, I'm more into 2 and 5 ^^

To come : Golem thumbs

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - jaybarrera - 04-11-2013

Hey all

Some sick ideals coming out of this bloodsport. This will be my first bloodsport and looking forward to it.

So my ideal came to me while having lunch. Lunch you say.. yes lunch I was having a sandwich when i thought to myself that could be a cool ideal for the Guild of Golems. Ok so not the sandwich it self but Sand Witch ;)

The ideal is to have a sand dweller blowing sand and the sand materializing as a sand Golem.

here are a few sketch of the Witch (sorcerer)

the Golem

some comps

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - lancerousseau - 04-11-2013

I think I finally narrowed down my sorcerer's overall shape as far as thumbnails go, I don't know if he'll be clothed or not. Most likely not, maybe just a drape covering his groin region. I guess it time for me to start working on the golem.

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Warburton - 04-11-2013

Changed my idea, sorcerer of dreams? or some shit like that ;)
Playing with ideas, lots of influences
[Image: ref2_zps389cc656.jpg]
[Image: ref1_zps6ad271de.jpg]

[Image: ideas4_zps9ffeb7ef.jpg]

[Image: ideas5_zpsed0ce940.jpg]

and the golem
[Image: golemideas1_zps438c9e69.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Leyth - 04-11-2013

Well... Did some thumbs for the golem, all of them are basically made of leather filled with water and bronze tubes.

I think 'm gonna work on 7 or 3 they seem interesting to me ^^

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - gravity-zero - 04-11-2013

I think you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing, this is so out of my comfort zone. It's good exercise though!

5 is the chosen one although I will probably change some stuff later. I'm not sure about the scale though.

Simonarpalmer: No problem! I think he makes a lot more stuff than the ones he puts on his website. Oh and 'sit beside him and watch him work'? I think you mean 'sit beside him and drool while he paints' XD He's amazing :)

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - holdkocos - 04-11-2013

a few pose/ cloth sketch for the sorcerer...Tongue

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Angel_Intheuk - 04-11-2013

refining costume designs and composition thumbs..slow going but it's getting there...I think

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Archreux - 04-11-2013

So this is what I've got so far. Real quick and dirty. I really still have no idea which one I'd like to do. I'm hanging on either Flesh Mage/Golem or Defiled Mage/Golem. . . .

Nice posts so far, people. :D

[Image: MageDesignscont_zps373ae91a.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Izzual - 04-11-2013

Hey !

My first research for BS15 , will do others maybe ^^

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Concept_Sam - 04-11-2013

[Image: 903433_10200645686732098_1179281120_o.jpg]

So its a work in progress, i did some sketches and thumbnails for the golem and the face design is what i came up with and what i liked most. I think he fits the dwarf well. I have studys to show soon too.

My idea is that because the dwarf is associated with rocks and the dirt, im making this golem, A golem of the Rock and earth. My dwarf will eventually have a shard of a magic rock which fell off the golem which is used to keep control of the golem. Also my dwarf will have rocks and bags of dirt hanging off of him for a connection to the golem.

Thankyou, this is very early btw im still not satisfied with the comp.

Thankyou all much !

-Sam

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Ioan Chirita - 04-11-2013

Hello everyone!
I thought of a nomad/gypsy artisan/craftsman that deals with bronze and his golem is made of parts from bronze statues(heads, arms, swords etc).The golem possesses the powers of the heroes the statues represent(does that make sense?) So the sorcerer travels the world in search of famous bronze statues in order to improve his golem.
Here is a material study, i'll post more sketches and studies soon :)
Good luck everyone!

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - Moba Fett - 04-11-2013

So after a lot of brain storming I finally decided I wanted to try something a little different than fantasy, and I had a conversation with a friend of mine who is a math and computer science major. He thought it would be cool to have a construct made up of fractals. And then I had the thought of the "mage" being an astrophysicist. So I did some studies and some sketching. I think I want the golem to be made of outer space materials with its face a black hole, it's body made from infinitely expanding fractals that represent the texture of the universe. I'm also basing the astrophysicist off of Hubert Reeves whom incidentally already looks like a wizard.

RE: BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems! - lancerousseau - 04-11-2013

Quick little 45 minute study on how ice/frost lays on skin/ a face. I think I'm finished for the day though. I might use this technique on my Sorcerer.