BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
post wips, studies, questions and comments for the Guild of Golems challenge HERE.

information about which can be found below!

BLOODSPORT 15- GUILD OF GOLEMS (with Wes Burt)
Awesome theme!

I guess I'll start this thread off with my first "off the bat" idea. Ice!

Also, for those in doubt, wikipedia appeared suprisingly inspiring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem

Off to hunt references/inspiration ->

trying to catch the mood of this BS

Some golem inspiration by Luness:

you can find more of his work on his sketchbook:
http://www.conceptart.org/showthread.php?t=120469

More sketches. Decided to do a female character after all

undefined

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Off the bat idea and two minute sketches right before bed so I dont forget . The Undertaker and his Graveyard Golem.

Here is the first round of exploration for my golem. Pretty inspired by the corrupt toys in toy story, and big bosses with creepy child faces. I think maybe I was subconciously influenced by Whit Brachna's Clackity Man, but I'm trying to stray away from his design.

My idea so far is that the golem is summoned by an undead girl, I want a contrast between the petite small child and the huge brute monster, so I'm pretty set on his body type being large / sumo like.

I think a big challenge for me will be the making the girls costume interesting.

Dollhouse Golem!

[Image: 17009681.jpg]

Nice start Thomas, pretty cool idea. I was reminded of this when i saw your thumbs :3

Woah man haha, yeah I love that scene! must have been in my subconcious when doing this too, cheers

(04-06-2013, 09:45 PM)Lumens Wrote: Some golem inspiration by Luness:

you can find more of his work on his sketchbook:
http://www.conceptart.org/showthread.php?t=120469

These are very cool and very unconventional. Good find!
my idea was there's like some cook right... and he find a mystical cook book, and he makes a recipe that summons a food demon... lol

Hello Daggers,

My moodboard for this bloodsports challenge. Im going for an oldman on shrooms this time. :D Our brain can be a little scumbag at times. The thing is, while im lying on my bed preparing to sleep, eyes closed and then ideas suddenly surged and came out of nowhere. So i had to quickly sketch this out on my sketchpad and in photoshop. Anyway, will elaborate and explore more tomorrow. NIghts!

Oh damn these all look so good already! Can't wait to see more!

Here are some ideas, i sketched today:

[Image: px2eyqd.jpg]
A few character ideas :)

whew, think i found out about this one in time, here's an idea of a spider witch, gonna come up with others soon, love dem sketches so far peeps!

I'm kind of just messing around with ideas for the golem right now, deciding where I wanna go with it. I'm really liking the idea of the scroll golem so far :) I need to quit thinking so simply, seeing everyone elses ideas is like... ugh... I'm so not creative -.-

[Image: bs15designs.png]

[Image: bs15golemdesign1.png]

[Image: bs15golemdesign2.png]

[Image: bs15golemdesign3.png]

[Image: bloodsports15-sketches-v2_zps1029566c.jpg]
gotta research chinese designs and thinking of a golden dragon behind her
This is what I got up to yesterday after finding out about the new bloodsports :)

Mostly boring generic things that came to mind immediately on the top row and my attempt at trying to find something that interests me in the bottom row.

Still haven't found the kind of sorcerer and golem I wanna do yet :p