Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Inktober 2015 - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: STUDY GROUP (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Inktober 2015 (/thread-6861.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Inktober 2015 - Kayo Kid - 10-14-2015

K, day 13

RE: Inktober 2015 - Punk-A-Cat - 10-14-2015

Day 14 - Hydra ... with /much/ artistic liberty...[Image: oct_14_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9d1sg4.jpg]

Everyones stuff is looking great!

RE: Inktober 2015 - smrr - 10-14-2015

Finally up to date. I bloody learned my lesson ;________;

the fails is strong with me:

RE: Inktober 2015 - JyonnyNovice - 10-15-2015

Lurch Nice effect with the hatching lines all pointing to the vanishing point, makes it real solid / interesting. You got that feathering thing down too.

Kayo kid Keep going man!

Punk cat What do you use for the black lines? I just switched from a no.2 brush to a no.6 which looks huge but is actually much easier to get clean, smooth lines (although I still fail a bit in my image below).

Smrrr Congrats! I admire your perseverance to catch up by doing proper drawings and not wimping out and inking little old things like I do when I am short on time : ) no. 13 is my fav.

These are my characters for my next comic strip. I'm gonna draw the whole thing this time before I ink it in case I wanna change stuff in earlier panels if I change my mind about things. I didn't mean to make her torso so long / thin but I kind of like it so will probably keep it like that. Still too hesitant on blacks / hatching. Need to get over that!

[Image: DPoEfr4.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Lodratio - 10-15-2015

Man, I'm not doing well today. These hands feel way too clunky, and my brushpen is running out of ink. Shading with water works okay though.

RE: Inktober 2015 - Kayo Kid - 10-15-2015

Alright...I think the proportions are slowly getting better on the heads.

RE: Inktober 2015 - Jonesoda - 10-15-2015

doing fairies for the rest, the struggle of inks.

RE: Inktober 2015 - Punk-A-Cat - 10-15-2015

bahahaha love the last fairy there Jonesy

@jyonny Using a pentel pocket brush pen (thin lines are a stadtler pigment liner 0.05), I /should/ be using my inks and brushes, but I'm busting these out in under 20mins and inking properly takes too long.. might try and put more time aside tomorrow and do it properly.

Day 15 Werewolf.. gone to seed...
[Image: oct_15_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9d5um6.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - smrr - 10-15-2015

Cheers, Jyonny <3 I'm also impressed with what you've been bringing to the table~!

today's:

last dying breath of my brushpen
hnng
;-;

RE: Inktober 2015 - JyonnyNovice - 10-16-2015

Lodratio The hands are not bad if you just did them straight with brush pen. I like the diluted shading too.

Punk cat I know what you mean, then you need to clean the brushes and stuff after. This one came out nice, this style with the fuzzy furry lines suits you.

Kayo kid Yes! your proportions up and down the face are looking good and the width of the brows / foreshortening on the far eye is looking good too. You tend to draw your eyes too wide / too close together though. One little trick to help with the spacing: if you find the corner of the nostril, and run a line back up the face parallel with the angle of the nose bridge, where it hits the eye line is where the inner corner / tear duct should be (not an exact rule but gives a rough idea). See the linked image: http://imgur.com/RmTQwOI

Russel Lovely fairies, last one made me lol for real.

Smrr ^^

I just did some free sketching with brush pen today. Kind of burned out / still sick or something. Will renew my determination tomorrow!

Congrats everyone for making it halfway!

[Image: WiWWpC4.jpg]

[Image: mseZO78.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Olooriel - 10-16-2015

I'm not doing a full Inktober, but I did do all my travel studies in ink to participate at least a bit (I just returned from Scotland). Also did my first lifedrawing session there (switched to ink after the short poses):

[Image: vHgDCvr.jpg]

[Image: xGrPavh.jpg]

[Image: W86dPXq.jpg]

[Image: wzg9TJo.jpg]

[Image: NfdDL1f.jpg]

[Image: 3Ki8sPn.jpg]

[Image: m9cTnXH.jpg]

[Image: 8lcQL9f.jpg]

[Image: RG3YoLk.jpg]

[Image: m9cTnXH.jpg]

[Image: nGLcUPH.jpg]

[Image: 6MV0Qvu.jpg]

[Image: DSWG6Wj.jpg]

[Image: DSWG6Wj.jpg]

[Image: Lsb1Amq.jpg]

[Image: VB41FDJ.jpg]

[Image: ZXiNYPD.jpg]

[Image: BzOautC.jpg]

[Image: xbwE2xM.jpg]

[Image: GuWkaAh.jpg]

[Image: cLE5mJx.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Punk-A-Cat - 10-16-2015

Wow, really awesome work Olooreil

Day 16 - Gargoyle, used a #0 sable brush and ink - wish I had a smaller brush for the fine work, it all seems a bit bold and cludgy.
[Image: oct_16_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9d8hos.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Kayo Kid - 10-16-2015

JyonnyNovice : Wow, Thank you! That helps a lot.

Olooriel : I like those cars!

RE: Inktober 2015 - Lodratio - 10-16-2015

Kayo Kid: If you want to learn to think in 3d perspective boxes are really helpful. Once you know how to place basic shapes accurately you can work your way up to more complicated stuff.

Olooriel: These look really neat. I've wanted to go on a trip like that for a while now. Did you organize everything by yourself? And do you have any tips on where to start on that?

JyonnyNovice: Don't be too hard on yourself. I've been slacking off all this time. Guess I should try making something finished more often though, huh?

Yay watercolors! some of the pigments don't show up well on camera though.

RE: Inktober 2015 - ZombieChinchilla - 10-16-2015

@Olooriel- You were just in Scotland? That's awesome, I'm staying in Glasgow currently for study abroad! You'll have to hit me up about it, where did you go for the life drawings? I'll have to check it out.

Jumping in half way through the month with some Adventure Time drawings.

[Image: tumblr_nw9szfTKQy1rrywreo1_250.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nw9szfTKQy1rrywreo2_1280.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Olooriel - 10-16-2015

@Punk-A-Cat
Thank you! :)

@Kayo Kid
Thanks! I've made some mistakes, but they're my first attempt at drawing cars (from life and straight in pen), so I'm fairly proud of them :)

@Lodratio
Not really. This wasn't any special trip or anything, just our regular yearly holiday. I bought a small sketchbook that wouldn't be heavy to carry around, took a set of differently sized pens, and that's pretty much all the preparation I did. The lifedrawing thing was a stroke of luck, because I'd heard someone talk about it on DA, so I checked what weekday it was and tried to be in Glasgow on a Monday, other than that, we just traveled around with a hired car. Museums are generally free up there, so it's easy to drop in and sketch a little even in between other sightseeing, but of course it still meant that my husband had to put up with me standing in front of a single painting for half an hour...

@ZombieChinchilla
It's every Monday 8pm to 10pm in the ballroom above Sloan's pub, you can just drop in, but it costs five pounds. I can really recommend it - nice relaxed atmosphere, music playing, it was ideal for someone like me that has never done something like that before and just wants to try it without having to book a full course or something. Apparently the same thing exists in Edinburgh and Dundee, but I haven't been to those. Here's the link to their page: http://atyn.co.uk/

RE: Inktober 2015 - JyonnyNovice - 10-17-2015

Punk cat That one turned out great with the brush! Love the deep blacks and the white pupils.

Olooriel Welcome! Such beautiful sketches, you should keep going for the rest of the challenge : )

Zombie Chincilla Welcome! Nice drawings, I like how you do very thick and very thin lines, I am too timid about that sometimes.

Lodratio Thanks man, you're right, I should lay off myself but then who else is gonna kick my ass xD I like your subtle washes.

I decided to get in on the watercolour action. Was all ready to paint and remembered I know next to nothing about colour ¬_¬. Turned out better than expected though (halfway through I nearly abandoned it 'cause it looked rubbish, but adding shadows saved it somewhat). Could probably go back in when it's dry and re-state some of the ink lines. Will see how it looks tomorrow.

[Image: dbjXS8h.jpg]

RE: Inktober 2015 - Lodratio - 10-17-2015

I don't usually do fanart, but someone who's really into LoL wanted me to draw him something, so I figurured why not take the easy way out. I'm not entirely sure where to go from here in terms of roughly rendering out the clothes and face, so advice would be appreciated.

I'm aware that beard's way off-center at the moment by the way.

JyonnyNovice: Yeah, I feel like watercolors are a great thing for digital artists especially, since they make you plan things out while at the same time bringing a serious amount of unpredictability to the table. I never even considered doing these kinds of subtle things when I was just doing things digitally. Looking at your painting makes me realize that I'm probably way too subtle though. Gotta make some bold decisions!

RE: Inktober 2015 - lurch - 10-17-2015

playing catchup. had to throw a little colour on the eyeball in ps just to make it less boring!

RE: Inktober 2015 - Kayo Kid - 10-17-2015

Almost forgot to post this!