Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Wacom Cintiq 16 - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: ART RELATED (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Wacom Cintiq 16 (/thread-9214.html)

Wacom Cintiq 16 - Jana - 05-05-2021

Hey guys,

I have been thinking about buying a new tablet for a while now, but I am not really good with researching technical stuff.

At the moment I am using a Wacom Intuos M. And I have been thinking about moving on to a tablet with a screen.
Since I have been using Wacom since now and am happy with it I was thinking about the Cinitq 16. Does anybody have this tablet and can tell me something about it?

And a general question: Can you use a tablet like that without a Laptop/Pc or does it always have to be connected?

RE: Wacom Cintiq 16 - miraculor77 - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 03:37 AM)Jana Wrote: Hey guys,

I have been thinking about buying a new tablet for a while now, but I am not really good with researching technical stuff.

At the moment I am using a Wacom Intuos M. And I have been thinking about moving on to a tablet with a screen.
Since I have been using Wacom since now and am happy with it I was thinking about the Cinitq 16. Does anybody have this tablet and can tell me something about it?

And a general question: Can you use a tablet like that without a Laptop/Pc or does it always have to be connected?
It needs to be connected to a laptop/pc to function. I haven't used it personally, but I've been wanting to get it as well, especially because it's the cheapest Cintiq available. I have heard from several reviews that the screen is a bit dim, so you may want to look into that. It's also worth noting that the Cintiq 16 does not have any shortcut keys like the four found on the Intuos M, so you'd have to keep a keyboard or Wacom's express key remote with you for shortcuts.

hope this helps at all
- mira

RE: Wacom Cintiq 16 - Jana - 05-12-2021

Thanks for your answers!
Mariyan-Histrov, would you decide to go with a cintiq 16 again? Why do you feel the intuos is better for painting? Did you have problems with the screen beeing to dim, like miraculor77 mentioned? Hope you´re okay with me shooting these questions.