Wacom Cintiq 16
Hey guys,

I have been thinking about buying a new tablet for a while now, but I am not really good with researching technical stuff.

At the moment I am using a Wacom Intuos M. And I have been thinking about moving on to a tablet with a screen.
Since I have been using Wacom since now and am happy with it I was thinking about the Cinitq 16. Does anybody have this tablet and can tell me something about it?

And a general question: Can you use a tablet like that without a Laptop/Pc or does it always have to be connected?

(05-05-2021, 03:37 AM)Jana Wrote: Hey guys,

I have been thinking about buying a new tablet for a while now, but I am not really good with researching technical stuff.

At the moment I am using a Wacom Intuos M. And I have been thinking about moving on to a tablet with a screen.
Since I have been using Wacom since now and am happy with it I was thinking about the Cinitq 16. Does anybody have this tablet and can tell me something about it?

And a general question: Can you use a tablet like that without a Laptop/Pc or does it always have to be connected?
It needs to be connected to a laptop/pc to function. I haven't used it personally, but I've been wanting to get it as well, especially because it's the cheapest Cintiq available. I have heard from several reviews that the screen is a bit dim, so you may want to look into that. It's also worth noting that the Cintiq 16 does not have any shortcut keys like the four found on the Intuos M, so you'd have to keep a keyboard or Wacom's express key remote with you for shortcuts.

hope this helps at all
- mira
I have cintiq 16 and intous medium. I switch on and off from both while drawing. The intous for painting and the cintiq 16 for drawing. Cintiq 16 is a good budget sceren tablet. The only downsides are that sometimes its too smal while drawing and you cant have all your program panels open, the other problem is not having shortkeys on it. Also those type of tablets work more like a second monitor and not a laptop with ram, cpu etc.I recommend just using 2 tablets intous and cintiq, I don't imagine working only with one of them.

Thanks for your answers!
Mariyan-Histrov, would you decide to go with a cintiq 16 again? Why do you feel the intuos is better for painting? Did you have problems with the screen beeing to dim, like miraculor77 mentioned? Hope you´re okay with me shooting these questions.

(05-12-2021, 09:21 AM)Jana Wrote: Thanks for your answers!
Mariyan-Histrov, would you decide to go with a cintiq 16 again? Why do you feel the intuos is better for painting? Did you have problems with the screen beeing to dim, like miraculor77 mentioned? Hope you´re okay with me shooting these questions.
Definitely, l absolutely love my Cintiq .  You can get a Huion screen tablet , it is cheaper, heard good things about it, however idk if there are any issues when trying to combine a wacom and a huion tablet on the same pc etc.

For me Intous is better for painting because I hate seeing my hand while painting and i cant see the image as a whole, plus you get more accidental and free brush strokes with Intous , which makes things a bit more abstract .Cintiq 16 doesnt have buttons and flipping the canvas , changing brushes and brush sizes is something vital while painting and very annoying to do on my Cintiq.

With cintiq i just choose a brush, brush size and start drawing for hours, it is better for drawing because your strokes get more confident , while with Intous  you cant ever be sure because even if the tablet is tilted with a few millimeters your stroke goes somewhere else.