The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
It's so true about drawing ellipses holding you back in H2D... they are such a tricky thing to draw consistently well in exercises and then to have to put one in a drawing perfectly right when you need it aaaaaaaahhhhh! Looks like you're doing really well though, and that mouse-looking exercise you inked it nicely. Have you seen the drawabox.com stuff? It's basically all the dynamic sketching course content but online for free.

You mentioned about too many construction lines cluttering things up, personally I draw them with mechanical pencil, and when it gets too cluttered I take a kneaded eraser, roll it out into a long snake like shape and then roll it over the top of the pencils like a rolling pin - it fades the lines back a little (like reducing the opacity in photoshop), then I can darken back any important lines and keep going. It's not really erasing, just fading things. Keep rocking ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by JyonnyNovice - 04-26-2016, 09:14 PM