Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure
Monthly Review - October 2016

What Worked Well
  1. Taking part in CC6 was tough (missed a lot of sleep) but I ended up doing some studies that I otherwise wouldn't have done and had great fun :).
  2. Completely by chance I read "Mastery" by George Leonard after reading about it in this thread that Neopatogen started (thanks Neo :)) and it caused a major shift in my general attitude to art study.  Now I am no longer so goal oriented but have become focused on enjoying the journey itself.  Slowly I am beginning to "love the plateau", to enjoy the process of training for it's own sake even though I don't seem to be making much apparent progress.

What Didn't Work Well
  1. I got a bit lazy this month and didn't bother tracking my time, but I think most of it was taken up with CC6 anyway.  I was also somewhat distracted by the major shift in my attitude to art study as described above.  I will get back to tracking my time again as I still think this is useful.

Tasks Completed This Month (October 2016)

Take part in CC6 [not estimated] [7 hours actual].

Metrics For This Month (October 2016)
N/A

Priorities For Next Month
  1. Continue learning to paint figures with Values.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure - by Artloader - 11-15-2016, 08:19 AM