The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Alright I gave it a shot, not done with it yet because I need to figure out how to make a decent brush for it.
I tried to approach it intelligently, I decided I'm only gonna spend 3 hours max on it so that i'm not wasting time, and I focused down on one specific area of the piece where all his major brushwork is, I did all of this with a block in brush to get the values and shapes correct and i'm gonna do the rest with a textured brush like his in the piece.
Also since the study was about brushwork not proportions I skipped all that by tracing over a lot of the major edges.

Also been working on this, I'm having a really difficult time getting the mouth to not look like a duckface.

And more form studies, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong with these, I feel like i'm missing something present in Istebrak's ones which I can't seem to do here. http://img10.deviantart.net/1123/i/2015/...8pjiq0.jpg

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 01-15-2017, 08:58 AM