The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Update.
Fairly happy with the form on this, problem is i'm still not sure how to paint skin itself, think I need to learn how to texture it.
I'm not sure if the color is a distraction or adds to the piece, the character is nicknamed Bloody Harry so I figured adding that red in there would be cool and add some color contrast.

Cylinder practice.

14 day challenge head and ref, came out much MUCH better then my last one, I still need to work on a good balance of blending and edges though, these look too strong for a girl, also trying to improve my proportions as well so hopefully I'll have a better base for the next one.

More Shantae, trying to figure out how to better translate over realism to anime, not sure what rules I can break and what I have to keep to.

Ugh this godawful thing...spent ages on it and I just could'nt get it looking right, doesn't help that I messed up the layers too. I might retry it soon as I love the idea, the character Kat(From gravity rush) can bend gravity so I was originally gonna have her in this pose sideways on a building, but seeing as how it was coming out I ditched the background and just made it a normal sitting pose, I couldn't get her shape and proportions down well either.
I feel like there's something i'm really doing wrong when it comes to drawing figures and I can't put my finger on it especially because stuff as simple as this can take hours for me(think this was a 4-5 hour project).
Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 02-10-2017, 12:05 AM