Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞
Some WIP for a character I played as in an MMO. I'll reposition her and do surgery on her shoulder later. :P

[Image: 2aMPNHm.jpg]

Trying to use Clip Studio Paint for everything instead of Photoshop. Really awkward as it requires a different workflow. The brush engine is also very different.

------------------ o(゚Д゚)っ ----------------

I'm having a hard time drawing traditionally at school recently, usually because the classes where I draw traditionally involves life studies of models and require that I use my shoulder to draw on a large pad. One of these classes is an anatomy class, where the instructor wants us to be highly constructive. I have to fight a bit to reach his standards of starting out with pure construction, and the end results really seem dull. The way he is teaching is very effective though. Just soul-crushingly dull.

In the another class, the instructor wants me to let go of all that construction, and I really need to fight my urge to be constructive, the habit I developed in the anatomy class I just mentioned. Right now, I finally am starting to understand the structure of the skull, so I see it more in faces compared to the past, where I just draw what I see. As a result, I have the urge to add or accentuate anatomical details because I know structurally, it is there. However, the end results for recent two weeks have been looking like crap. Drawing with muscles that I am not used to using doesn't really ease the frustration.

On the other side, drawing from imagination is a lot easier. Now I can add just that slight bit more structure to things such as this portrait to make it look more structured. In the past, stylized stuff always looks sloppy when I draw them. Need to do more work I guess.

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death - by John - 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM