Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞
(03-23-2017, 09:13 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: The best plugin for perspective is learning how to construct forms in perspective with your drawings first. That's where i see you went off on that recent full figure. Scratchy construction i assume from the lines left in the feet. Suggest doing line drawings first until you can wing perspective with paint.  It's much harder digitally of course but shouldn't stop you trying to be more precise. Remember almost everything can be boiled down to a box.

After effects is by far the best vfx / editing / animation tool I've tried for overall versatility, power and ease of use. Blender has some stuff but it's nowhere near as intuitive. No good open source alternatives that match AE so far unfortunately, unless you want real basic stuff ofc. I love AE it's lots of fun to use. VideoCopilot has some great tutorials on yt

Alrighty! :D

I actually did start with lines, then went grayscale, then colours, and even though I was looking at the person head on, I wanted to challenge myself last minute by redrawing him as if I was looking at him from an worms eye view and now it's a total mess. XD

The instructor told me at the end of class to try and imagine the camera is at his shoes. In this case, I shouldn't be looking down on his shoes. I should be looking at them head on, and then as I go higher, I will slowly see the bottom of the things on him. As a result, I quickly tried to paint over it and failed, and then tried to throw in some lines to outline the shoes before packing up, serving as a reminder to adjust the perspective when I get home. One night later with no sleep, I still didn't work on the piece yet...Instead I got this mess:

[Image: ttoSmud.jpg]

Need more patience when painting in watercolour! (# ゚Д゚)

Sorry, I digress.

It's just I suddenly realized that for almost a year, I only used one brush and I really should at least consider using a second one, or even something like the lasso tools or layers. Did you know there was this technique called using a few layers in Photoshop? I literally forgot about it! XD

I though the joke about integrating more tools into my workflow was funny when I posted it, then I realized that nobody had the same train of thought as me so of course it was stupid. : (

I'll try to adjust the perspective with boxes this time. Thanks for the advice!

All my headaches could have been avoided if I just simplified it all with boxes from the start... 098eb4a5 

-----------------------------

I'm mainly using HitFilm because it's the only program I can find that covers both compositing and editing for free, even if you are working on commercial products. Unfortunately, I can't really justify paying for After Effects or Premiere at the moment...

More familiar with Premiere because I used it at school for a year, but alas, the price...

Thanks for the resource though. I'll look into it after I'm done the exercises for the current video project.

-----------------------------

Currently listening to:

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death - by John - 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM