Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞
Haven't uploaded in a while. Been kinda busy with school and life in general. Here's a WIP I'm doing.

It was mainly to refine my workflow and to cut out the fat that I didn't need. No design aspects were taken into consideration when starting this piece. I don't have a story, I was playing with colours and they completely changed multiple times depending on what I wanted to experiment with, I didn't think of perspective or lighting or composition. It was just a random doodle that I spent a day on. Now is when I actually start the design aspect of it and figure out what the heck I'm doing, as well as think about how to save this piece and make it presentable. I suck I know. :(

Ended up doing a massive brush cut as well as remapping a bunch of hotkeys so I can don't have to move my hand in awkward positions when using tools I often select (increase/decrease brush size, level adjustments, lassos, actions for making layers, etc.). Having 70% of my old brush pack deleted is quite refreshing.

Was pretty fun even though it looks terrible right now. I'll start to work on this as a piece now instead of a canvas for experimenting. Not sure if I'll get anywhere as I feel I need to change a lot in order to save this piece, to the point that I might as well cannibalize it for a new piece.

[Image: vLizDLf.png]

---------------------------

Here's two exercises I did for another class a few weeks ago.

Front, top, side, and 3/4 view of a simple object. Didn't get everything right but I tried to fix them on the second one. The gun is the Heckler & Koch Mark 23.

[Image: t9bfVxg.png]

Same object as before, but in 3 point perspective, so this time the parallel lines converge. Seems like I still missed a few things now that I look at it. Decided to do this one on paper freehand even though Clip Studio Paint has a perspective guide as I felt like I need a break from digital. I basically drew a quick 3 point perspective grid in Clip, printed it, and taped a semi-translucent marker paper over it to do the pencils based on the initial diagram I drew above.

[Image: ABb7ifO.jpg]

Between these assignments were a few weeks filled with basic perspective stuff. Basic, yes, but they fried my brain. xD Think exercises from Scott Robertson's How to Draw book. I must say, I am now significantly faster than before I did the first gun diagram. That is why I worked on it freehand on paper. Before, there is no way I'll be able to just do that without messing up in quite a few places or get very confused. Still have a long way to go though. Onwards! o(^_^)b

------------------------

Currently listening to:

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death - by John - 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM