Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞
Another term almost done. It's around this time that everything is starting to click in place, which feels amazing, but also feels frustrating, as I need more practice to fully grasp what is going on.

--------------------------------

Here's a drawing I did for an Environment Design class. The theme of the week was about the "golden path," or the most optimal path that one would want a potential explorer of this world to follow. The assignment was to come up with a jungle temple environment illustration that emphasizes said path with visual cues. 

[Image: kBGh4V3.jpg]

Was originally planning to start adding vegetation and large trees that twist onto the architecture, as well as a waterfall coming from the structure the character is looking at. Then I'll start to work on the values. Line drawing took way longer than I thought, but it's a lot more structured than usual environments I paint, probably because I focus on rendering effects but skimp out on (or straight up forgot about) the design aspect at the beginning. 

The instructor offered a lot of feedback and ideas to try so we will see how this goes.

----------------------------

Kind of an experimental thing, trying to understand different tools and such. No real goal in mind aside from testing various filters and experimenting with hard and soft brushes. The instructor was showing some stuff at the end of class so I dug this out to try and follow along. 

[Image: xvzrlvx.png]

------------------------------------

Feeling like I'm so close to getting somewhere, but need to push myself just a bit more.

There's still 2 weeks left before the spring term at Syn ends. Will try to make the best of it.

-------------------------------------

Currently listening to:

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death - by John - 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞ - by Orange Pekoe - 06-06-2017, 04:05 PM