A Potato's Crap Dump
So here is my sketchbook... There's few things I'd like to mention before anything else:
  • I'll be posting mostly studies and things like that rather than finished pieces cause I mean there's no point for that.
  • I'm looking for honest critiques. That is, if you have something to say (no matter how much you think it would hurt me) just SAY IT!. I'm here to get better so please don't hold yourselves back. I'm really interested to know what might look off or what can I improve, rather than just receive compliments. And I do appreciate the words of encouragement, don't get me wrong, but I much rather have a bluntly honest critique.
  • I'll try to provide some information along with the pics so you can get an idea of what I working towards or what I'm trying to accomplish in this studies... so you can have a better idea of what I was going for (in case my crappy execution might look deceiving)
  • Also if you have any suggestions or exercises that you think might be helpful please let me know!
So yeah... without further ado... Here's my firs pic
[Image: P2Adqpk.png]

If any of you know about Istebrak... This is my last attempt at her "Form studies"... For those of you who might not be familiar... The background is supposed to be the lighting environment... So for this forms is really important to keep in mind the perspective lighting and the light source, meaning that this is not a complete dark environment... These are shapes like floating in space , surrounded by light...
My main issues here are basically the values... is there too much contrast... or too little? (keep in mind that I'm not going for full dark or full white, but sometimes when I do these type of exercises I feel like I mostly use mid tones and that there's no real contrast...)

Messages In This Thread
A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-08-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by HIRVIOS - 01-09-2018, 12:33 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-09-2018, 01:16 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by darktiste - 01-09-2018, 01:53 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-09-2018, 02:14 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by LK Crown - 01-10-2018, 03:45 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-10-2018, 07:19 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by xelfereht - 01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-10-2018, 11:13 PM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by darktiste - 01-13-2018, 08:06 AM
RE: A Potato's Crap Dump - by UselessPotato - 01-14-2018, 08:11 AM