Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥
(08-05-2019, 07:52 AM)DESQUOLOR Wrote: Darktiste, your critiques are well-intentioned, but often times they do more harm than good. You're going to confuse people and/or scare them away. You're right about it looking flat, but it has more to do with the values and structure of the forms than sticking too closely to a reference. It's hard to gather what to practice to improve her piece from your post, and that's the whole point of critique. imo, you should focus more on producing more work than critiquing ppl all over the forums. you focus too much on theory and not enough on application. I get that you want to help people, but you will be much more able to do this when you have spent the time.

A critic is always at risk of hurting someone growth it unavoidable if i gave the critic it because i know what i am talking about because someone actually saw i had similar issue in my own work and i believe there more benefice to sharing what the issue is than to keep it to myself since i can clearly see it similar to issue i had.It would be a disservice in my opinion in such a small community for me to not make critic.They might not all be perfect critic but i believe that both party should make there best effort to validate the information they give or receive nothing should be took in blind faith.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥ - by darktiste - 08-05-2019, 05:35 PM