Digital painting critique
-JosephCow 
I like what you did to with the reflected light in the shadow it make what might be a boring scene into something that as visual interest atleast to an artist like me just because it not just one solid shadow it as contrast and that part of creating interest in my opinion.It certainly take a certain time to get to the point of adding light to what i would say we generally think as dark and only that.It just small thing like that if they were not added you would feel less harmony and flow to the piece.

Light is a very important part of rendering because it not only create mood it marry the color once your eye start to pick up on the concept of color proximity.

That shadow is also kinda smart because it help to anchor the rock to the scene and it create a path for the eye because of the pretty empty left side that move us toward the rock mass and since it contrasted it not just the shape that create the flow it the contrast aswell.Double use of principle to create flow intentionally or not is atleast something worth mentioning obviously not necessary but i guess it doesn't hurt.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
Digital painting critique - by jinno20 - 04-24-2023, 10:28 AM
RE: Digital painting critique - by darktiste - 04-25-2023, 01:29 AM
RE: Digital painting critique - by JosephCow - 04-25-2023, 09:48 AM
RE: Digital painting critique - by darktiste - 04-25-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Digital painting critique - by jinno20 - 04-26-2023, 11:29 AM
RE: Digital painting critique - by JosephCow - 04-26-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: Digital painting critique - by JosephCow - 04-26-2023, 01:43 PM
RE: Digital painting critique - by darktiste - 04-26-2023, 11:55 AM