Poll: Who drew the greatest fantastical desert dweller?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pubic Enemy
14.29%
1 14.29%
Lege1
0%
0 0%
JosephCow
57.14%
4 57.14%
CBinnsIllustration
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS - FINALS
(08-17-2023, 11:54 AM)Lege1 Wrote: "The Sandbender" is a captivating concept of a fictional character or group of characters that embodies the essence of survival and resourcefulness in a harsh desert environment. This concept blends elements of nomadic traditions, skilled survivalism, and a touch of fantasy to create a vivid and intriguing character.

Nomadic Lifestyle: The term "nomadic" refers to a way of life where individuals or groups continuously move from one place to another in search of resources. In the context of "The Sandbender," this character is portrayed as someone who roams the desert, never settling in one location for too long. This lifestyle is reminiscent of real-world desert nomads who have historically moved across arid landscapes in search of water, food, and suitable grazing lands for their livestock.

Desert Dweller: The desert serves as a challenging backdrop for this character. Deserts are often portrayed as vast, unforgiving landscapes with scorching daytime heat and freezing nighttime temperatures. These extreme conditions demand exceptional survival skills, resourcefulness, and a deep understanding of the desert's unique ecosystems.

Sand-Covered Carpet: The image of a sand-covered carpet immediately captures the imagination. This carpet serves both as a mode of transportation and as a symbol of the character's connection to the desert. The concept of riding a sand-covered carpet evokes a blend of magic and practicality, suggesting that this character possesses both mystical abilities and a keen sense of practical adaptation to their environment.

Tracking and Survival Skills: The Sandbender is depicted as possessing exceptional skills in tracking and survival. These skills are essential for locating sources of water, identifying edible plants or animals, and avoiding potential dangers such as sandstorms, predators, and treacherous terrain. The character's expertise in navigation, resource identification, and shelter construction contribute to their ability to thrive in the desert's harshest conditions.

Finding Water and Food: One of the most captivating aspects of "The Sandbender" concept is their ability to find water and sustenance in the most unforgiving environments. The character's knowledge of underground water sources, hidden oases, and desert flora and fauna provides a sense of mystery and wonder. This skill set adds an element of magic to the character, as they seem to possess an innate connection with the land.

Symbolism and Exploration: Beyond the surface level, "The Sandbender" concept can also be explored from a symbolic standpoint. The character's ability to bend the sands and adapt to the desert's challenges can serve as a metaphor for resilience, adaptability, and the human capacity to thrive even in the face of adversity. This concept allows for the exploration of themes such as the relationship between humans and nature, the importance of knowledge and wisdom, and the interconnectedness of all living things.

In summary, "The Sandbender" concept is a rich and layered portrayal of a desert-dwelling nomad with exceptional survival skills, the ability to manipulate their environment, and a deep connection to the harsh but mesmerizing world of the desert. This character concept offers a wealth of opportunities for storytelling, exploration of themes, and the creation of a unique and unforgettable fictional persona.
I like the effort in description but i feel as artist we need to let the art speak for itself a little more. That just my way of looking at what i am judging in those challenge.

I thinking the ability to infuse an artwork with a part of mystery is why something is masterful it does not try to justify what it is .It already speaking volume.It not an artwork that is lineart but it catch you with how it move you around and make you feel something it transport you to the point of you loose track of time for a moment and it almost make you feel like it reaching for a part of your being.

I feel i can't judge a piece by it description so for that i look purely for what look rendered and well put together and as those other quality i find hard to put into word. But i absolutely think you kill it in term of the depth of showing you done your homework to get inspired and for that i can only praise you for it but i cannot give you any weight in the balance for that because it the interpretation of the word that count not the depth of the research.

I think people in general are looking for description that are short anyways so knowing where to cutshort is also an art you want the experience to be enjoyable and not like you take us on a never ending ride where we forget where we start and where it going.

I think in a description sometime less is more.The level of description should fit the context.Ask yourself are you talking to a game developer and need the extra lore or are you speaking to an audience on the internet those are two different public and level of ''need to know''.

Sorry if most of this isn't even about the piece it my rambling and i hope i did not disrespect you in any shape or form. The point being is i feel that it almost disrespectful to have such a long entry when you should know it the artwork that need to be central

I feel it just right to voice how i feel and see what you have to say on that.Maybe it just my fringe unwated opinion i just need to know if it make sense in the end...because i want to be fair to the participant but i understand we all have were own judging criteria at the end of the day.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS - FINALS - by darktiste - 08-17-2023, 01:48 PM